“Great Stay...not too far away from central Dublin”

Ranked #70 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Dublin Hilton Airport. We got a great deal from hotels.com for 59 euros per night including breakfast. The staff was excellent from the shuttle drive, receptionist and breakfast staff. The room was super clean and comfy. The breakfast buffet was ok, as well, I just tend to be a little picky. I particularly enjoyed to smoked salmon, rolls, and fresh fruit. My husband enjoyed EVERYTHING on the buffet. We caught the public bus to downtown Dublin, the #42 or #43. You can only pay with exact coins, 2.15 euro. The bus stop is directly in front of the Tesco store, with the return bus stop directly across the street. Internet is free in the lobby and in the restaurant. It cost 5 euro per 24 hours for wireless in your room. We paid the 5 euro. The front desk will give you a card to sign into the internet in your room. Be mindful, that the card only last 24 hours, afterwhich, you have to get a new card from the front desk. We did not have dinner in the restaurant, but there was live music on Friday and Saturday night, the band sounded quite good. We purchased food from Tesco one night and from the grocery down the street from the Hilton (on the same side). There is also a Thai food and Coffee shop on the same side as the Hilton. We took the 4am shuttle for our early flight out of Dublin. The receptionist had Grab and Go breakfast for us! THANKS!! The shuttle was on time and took approximately 15 minutes to get to the airport. The shuttle stops at both terminals. We so enjoyed our stay! Thanks so much!!!

1  Thank we_out
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear we_out,

Sincere thanks for your comments following your recent visit to the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel.

I am really happy to hear you had a very pleasant stay overall and your husband enjoyed our breakfast buffet so much!

Thank you very much for praising our reception staff and our services, it is much appreciated.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for posting a review on Tripadvsisor!

Kind regards,

Hilton Dublin Airport

There are newer reviews for Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I think I reviewed this hotel once when it first opened and was fairly positive. However, things have changed and whilst some of the problem was unique (which is why, to be fair, I gave the rating a 3*, otherwise it would have been 2), other parts are down to organization and set up of the hotel plus hilton policies. To begin, I booked a spring mini break rate, which includes breakfast. I was told 2x that no breakfast was included and finally after a 3rd call, it was sorted. If there is a package rate offered to honors members and it is clearly noted in the record, staff should know what it means and honor it. Secondly, I asked in the booking and again at the desk for a quiet room. I realize the hotel cannot account for people noise but I just wanted something away from the front part of the hotel and elevators; I was given a room next to the fitness centre. The sounds from there are grating. So avoid room 113. Lastly, after the much fought battle to get breakfast, i went down stairs to find that although 1/2 the tables were empty, there was a line of people waiting tables, a rather stressed woman at the desk telling me there was no space and people were waiting and general disorganization. As well, Hilton remain doggedly opposed to getting rid of its charge for wireless. the excuse use to be that the other big chains still charge; that is not the case any longer. Now they lowered their rate (it is €5 or about $7.5 per 24 hours) but have not removed it and the annoying thing is you still have to log back on and off with the voucher they give you at the check in, so don't lose it. Public spaces are free so if you opt to do either, you need a voucher from the front desk or the bar. Lastly, the very least that any hotel should include is a bottle of water in the room. I was aghast to find that the one I did take from the fridge was €3.5 for a small bottle of irish spring water. that is, folks, about $5. really ridiculous. Yes, hotels are expensive and you have to be aware of this but Hilton here really let itself down. It needs to get the breakfast act together as people staying here may well be heading to the airport and do not have time to wait for breakfast and the other stuff, just makes it more appealing to stay in.
As for practicalities. Note that Ireland really has a problem with decent hotels that are near either of the two main airports. There are a few closer in to the airport but they are not great. Carlton is fine but the restaurant bar area is not great there and if you are dependent, as yo would be, for having dinner in the hotel, this is its weakest spot. otherwise it is good. As for this hilton, it is about a 15 minute drive to the airport. They have a shuttle service that leaves from the FAR back of the car park opposite terminal 1. go to the end of the covered walkway and as you exit you will see small mini vans for hotels, Hilton waits there. They have funny departure times from the airport, basically 10 after the hour then 25 (i think) and then 55. Check though (the 10 and 55 are correct, not sure on the middle departure time). The rooms are standard hilton. flat screen, lots of channels, coffee/tea maker in room. all else fine and standard. bar/restaurant fairly good and staff are nice. so on a ranking of hotels within a reasonable distance, I would have normally said, do this one if you do not have an early morning flight but this time the experience, for me, was not great. Apart from this, notwithstanding the food, Carlton is a good bet.

Room Tip: get a room away from elevator and avoid room 113
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CavKA
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear CavKA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Dublin Airport with us.

I am deeply disappointed to read your comments, but I value all guest feedback as it enables us to monitor and where necessary improve our service.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been forwarded to the relevant departments for further investigation and action.

I regret that your expectations were not met on this occasion and once again I apologise for the problems you encountered.

Again thank you for taking the time to review us and I hope you would consider us in the future to see the improvements that have been made.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Dublin Airport

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We recently stayed one night in the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel,before traveling to London for a few days. On our return we decided to get the hotels' shuttle bus back to the hotel to pick up the car. We arrived at the designated spot just after 10.40 at night presuming we would have at most a ten or fifteen minute wait.

At 11.10, already shivering from the cold we spotted the printed timetable which informed us that the next shuttle was not due until 11.20.

To cap it all the driver was 15 minutes late, eventually arriving at 11.35, a few minutes short of ONE HOUR since the last shuttle..Having phoned the hotel in the meantime there was an apology about ''Traffic'', but we witnessed no traffic or roadworks on drive back to hotel

.Even if it had been on time it would mean a 40 minute wait.

The wait of almost an hour in the freezing cold was longer than the plane trip from London, and is a dreadful way to treat people.

3 shuttles came and went from Bewleys Hotels and 2 each from the Clarion and the Radisson while we waited.

We declined the Hotel Managers offer of a warming cup of tea when we complained.

2  Thank Geoff F

Dear Mr Geoff F,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to update the TripAdvisor with your comments on the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I welcome your constructive feedback and I would like to apologise for any discomfort and inconvenience that you might have experienced during your transfer to the Hotel.

Please be advised that I have discussed all your comments with the Front Office Manager and that relevant action has been taken. I further wish to advise you that the incident of this nature is not indicative of this hotel.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience caused but I hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back at the Hilton Dublin Airport in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at Hilton Dublin Airport as a "Mystery Hotel" on another Travel Booking site and the cost was exceptional.
The hotel is slightly remote from the city centre but there are regular buses. Parking at the hotel is €5 for residents in the underground carpark. There are ample convenience shops adjacent to the hotel and a large Tesco Extra if you want to save a bit on food. You would however miss the famous Hilton breakfast which was extra at €10 - but considering ROI prices this was in fact a bargain. Rooms good - AC that works and the staff have all the polish that Hilton staff possess. The hotel is handy to Mallahide/Portmarnock and Howth (which is excellent for a stroll with lovely quaint shops and an outdoor market etc)

Room Tip: There are 5 floors - top one has less "traffic"
Reviewed 26 March 2012

It's possible it's because Ireland has been through some dire straights the last couple of years but that's no excuse for not being sensitive to detail! We were booked for a non-smoking room which strangely enough was on what was obviously a smoking floor. The butt burns on the carpet were a telltale that even the non-smoking rooms had been annexed by the smokers! We had to point this out to a surprised front desk too. In thus day and age Hilton still charges €5/day for WiFi despite that WiFi is needed to book you next stay... The bar/lobby is a loud and rowdy sportsbar in the evening with football showing on all screens. No quite corner for anyone lookíng for a bit of calm. And it took 20 minutes to be served a Guinness...

Room Tip: If you are non-smoker, insist on a non-smoking floor. Slow WiFi.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear TordE,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. All feedback is taken seriously and all comments/issues are passed on the relevant department heads and steps are taken to ensure that these issues do not reaccur.

I was dispappointed to read your experience and I sincerely apologise for the discountent you encountered due to unavailability of non smoking rooms on arrival and not being informed about it when you checked in. I would also like to apologise for your unsatisfactory experience in the bar. I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we continuously strive to provide at the Hilton Dublin Airport and I am very sorry that on this occasion our usual standards as well as your expectations were not met.

I really appreciate your feedback and I hope next time you are in Dublin you will give us a second chance to prove that we can exceed your expectations.

Kind Reagrds,

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
4.4 km away
5.6 km away
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
2.7 km away
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!