“Excellent location and more than warm hosts”
Review of Botanic View B & B

Botanic View B & B
Ranked #3 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2012

While it is almost impossible for me to relax while on vacation, the only thing I didn't have to worry about was my stay at the Botanic View. It was just so nice to take a break from running around.

Personally, I like to plan and am a little uptight when traveling abroad. The hosts at this B&B were awesome and were everything I wanted in a host and hostess. They responded to emails beforehand promptly, asked good questions about the nature of our stay, and made excellent recommendations about how to get around and what to see.

While it may sound weird that communications are one of the most important aspects for a vacation destination, there were so many more expensive locations we looked at where it was a week before someone responded, if they responded at all. The dialog beforehand and the execution when I made it to the B&B took place like clockwork. Bernie also let me know (without prompting) how much cab fare should be when traveling from the airport to the Botanic View.

No messing around, and a quiet, relaxed location. Also, a word to the wise: if you are wondering where the music is playing, where to go for a short trip, or how to get around town, just ask Bernie or PJ. Above all else, they were so helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Botanicview, Owner at Botanic View B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thanks for your lovely review and we are so glad that you were happy with the service you received from us. It was a pleasure meeting you all and hope to see you again some time in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was a great place to stay. The location was near two bus stops. The rooms were nice with a separate common area for the guests. The rates were very reasonable and a great value. The hosts were very helpful in planning trips and days. Ask PJ to make the chicken and some change. Bernie was a delight and do very helpful. From the airport by taxi, it takes 15-20 minutes and costs about €20.00-25.00. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: February 2012

Greetings from a very cold Dublin! Thinking of you both in sunny Florida!! Thanks for taking time to enter a review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Did you manage to find any hurling matches online?? I was thinking of putting a video of PJ and the "chicken" online but he thinks that takes the mystery out of it as guests will know what it is before they arrive???

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Can i just say if you ever stay in Dublin for business, travel or holiday- GO HERE!
The service, kindness, welcoming and loving attention you receive is second to none- 1st class!
Bernie and PJ welcomed us with open arms as soon as we stepped foot in their wonderful B and B and throughout our stay bent over backwards to help us enjoy our short stay in Dublin.
Coffee and Tea and Squash on first arrival and making my teenage children and myself welcome was their 1st priority, they gave us excellent insight into all we wanted to do and Bernie even went out of her way to take us to places of interest.
We went B and B and the rooms were so clean, comfortable and welcoming- its really like a 1st class family run place. They told us we could use the self catering lounge and kitchen and EVERYTHING was there for us- free coffee and Tea, washing facilities, books, DVDs- i could go on and on and on!
The full Irish breakfast was so filling and you get a huge plateful and didnt wait long at all. Orange juice, Tea, Coffee and cereals too- delicious!!! x
I cant thank them both highly enough and 4 days cost us just 225 euros for 3 people.
Never felt so welcome at a B and B and had so excellent facilities and care in all my 41 years- thank you Bernie and PJ- if anyone is EVER thinking of going to Dublin for anything GO HERE!
You WONT be disapointed!

Went back in February for my sons 20th Birthday gift and had the same amazing attention- BRILLIANT - A1! Cannot fault at all. x

Well done Bernie and PJ and will definetly see you both again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Greetings to all! Thanks a mil for taking time to enter a review and no doubt, we will see you soon again.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've stayed in this B&B for a month...the location is very quite, close to bus station, food shops , pubs and 10 minutes walking from the Botanic Gardens. Rooms are very clean and the quality of furnitures are very good...the bed was very comfortable and the room was always warm.

I've met a lot of people from all over the world ...San Francisco, Brisbane, Cork, Glasgow, Stockholm, Munich....and it has been a fantastic experience and very interesting. I never felt alone. it's more than a B&B...I've had one of the most beautiful experience in my life.
Bernie and PJ are so nice and kind, they're always available.
I can say it....it's a magic place!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Giovanni C

Greetings from Glasnevin. Thank you for your kind comments and it was a pleasure having you stay. Glad you have settled in to your apartment and we hope your new job here in Ireland works out well for you.
Regards

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I spent two weeks in Botanic View B & B from December 21th to December 28th. The house was quite near towncenter, about 14 minutes by bus. The landlords were very friendly and Bernie helped me to find my way in Dublin on the first day, and did her best to make me familiar with town. Food was very good, and room comfortable. I would advise this B & B to whoever wants to spend a quiet stay not too far from Dublin curiousities, in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind comments and it was a pleasure having you stay. Hope to see you again sometime - perhaps when the weather is a bit warmer!!