“Original fish and cchips”
Review of Leo Burdock

Leo Burdock
Ranked #1,120 of 2,805 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We went to the Temple Bar location. A hole in the wall with a few tables. Beer available from the bar next door. Great cod and chips. Very large portions, we shared. Not fancy but the food was good at a reasonable price. Friendly cooks.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The oldest fish and chips locale in Dublin. Original place is near Christ's Church, but there is no place to sit. Another location is in the Temple Bar area on Crown Alley. This has tables. The chips are nothing to write home about (almost all the "chips" in Ireland are thick-cut potatoes that taste all the same). But the fish is simply perfect. Very large piece of cod, cooked to perfection. Try it with the garlic sauce. I've had fish and chips in loads of places and the only fish that compares to this is at Cod Mother's in San Francisco.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Good place to try for a fish & chips made by a good crew with an heritage which is longer than you would expect!

The room inside is not so big, having a seat is not so easy but carry on because you can ask for a "To Go" kit and then enjoy the surrounding area which is definitely a place to walk through!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I had never tried fish & chips before Leo Burdock's. I had been told the best fish & chips in Dublin could be found here so I decided to check it out for lunch one day. They have a few locations in Dublin, & I was pleasantly surprised to find one was in the Temple Bar area, just a 3 minute walk from my hotel. I had the traditional fresh cod & chips and ever since then I can say, I love fish & chips! The fish was fresh & moist, the batter was crispy and delicious, & the chips were also fresh. The portions are very generous & filling, so I was not hungry the rest of the day. They have various other types of fish as well if you prefer something other than cod. I'll definitely be visiting again when I'm back in Dublin.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Asked for a cheeseburger and chips and got told that they don't do cheeseburgers only quarter pounders. Was nearly forced to take a quarter pounder when I didn't want it like what chipper doesn't do them and one of the gentlemen was very rude towards me and told me to go to McDonalds for one if that's what I wanted. Chips weren't overly great either, seemed like they had been cooked for a while and were bought in bags of chips. They weren't been freshly made on site. You would expect them to be made by them when they advertise as being traditional fish and chips

1  Thank Ali M