“Brutal Burgers and huge selection of very expensive beers!”

The Porterhouse Brewing Company
Ranked #77 of 531 things to do in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Brutal Burgers and huge selection of very expensive beers!”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Oh Dear oh dear oh dear.....God!!!!........................What has happened to the burgers in here? I have eaten here occasionally over many many years as a local and I know this place very well ,this aint some one visit tourist review,I have visited here maybe 30-50 times over the years but I have to say it really used to do good burgers,alas no more.I went in here to review the food and wanted to give a decent review as i have enjoyed their bangers and mash stuff in the past but the burger was truly atrocious...............

lets start at the starter,I asked for Garlic bread with a cheese topping,the only word I can accurately use here is stodgy,i was served bread that had barely seen the inside of an oven and it reminded me of the type you would use for hotdogs! awful stodgy soft white bread,the Kitchen should have resigned for this crime alone but more crimes against Culinary were to follow........A Staroprammen Czech Beer soon arrived which is a lovely beer but again you pay thru the nose for the selection here and this is not just this bar,this is a warning to tourists for all Dublin bars,over €6 was paid for a Russian beer! (Baltica) ouch! (at those prices For a while I thought i was in Oslo!) i wonder how much it is in Moscow?
The Stodgy awful mess that masqueraded as a Burger and sad ,limp,lifeless chips were
the low point of the visit,just look at the photos,there was some white stuff oozing from the center and the chips were warm not hot,some kind of skewer went thru the Burger,some pale green jalapeno peppers were scattered half heartedly on the base and as i picked up the burger,the stodgy .....(oh yes more stodge just what i needed!) bread fell apart and then i realized what the skewer was for! If you look at the photos you can see two huge lettuce leaves and their friend Mr.Tomato push up the height of the small burger,hence the stick is needed to keep this conjob intact,and the cheese,look at it,the cheapest most awful stringy plastic cheese one could get in Aldi! you will pay €11.50 for this monstrosity,This unholy work of Satan laughed at me as i recoiled in horror, I have no hesitation in never recommending this place to anyone! Do go for some expensive beers even try the bangers and mash but for Gods sake dont touch the burgers!

Visited February 2012

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

If its cocktails and good food you like, well this is the place to go to. We had 3 visits during our trip. Twice for lunch and once during the evening.
The food is fab, I had the sausages and mash, with a beer gravy on one occasion and if like me you like lots of gravy, the staff will gladly get you some more. Wonderful on a cold rainy day. The next day I had the seafood chowder, which certainly warmed the cockles of my heart. The only problem you have is deciding on is what to eat from the menu. So much choice
We had the same problem with deciding just what cocktails to have as well and believe me when you see the choice, I think you will agree. I can now say with confidence that I am a great lover of the after eight, thick and creamy with ice cream mmmm.
I'm afraid that diets go out of the window here and can't wait to return.
We had such a good time in Dublin that we extended our stay.

Visited February 2012
Dublin, Ireland
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Porterhouse”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Great food. Huge portions, very reasonably priced. A great selection of drinks. Music can be VERY loud.

1 Thank Import2Dublin
Medina, Ohio
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Mmmm. Yummmm.”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stopped at the one on Nassau. Probably one of the very few places in the country you can't get a Guinness. Which in this case is just fine because they have some mighty fine house brews on the menu.

For me though this was my introduction to Irish bacon and cabbage. I'm in love and left wanting. This will be in my memory forever as the place that started my love affair with this "traditional" dish. Mmmmmm. Yummmm.

ireland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“don't miss”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

a must visit for all beer drinkers don't leave Dublin with out visiting

Visited January 2012