Review Highlights
Exceptionally Great

My Mum and I did the Driftwood 11 Day Discover Ireland Tour with Shane as our guide. Best trip... read more

Reviewed today
pacificgun
Tauranga, New Zealand
via mobile
I love Ireland!

I was excited to go to Ireland with a group of friends, but I had no idea how amazing this trip... read more

Reviewed today
Mike B

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from €78.00
from €30.00
from €899.00
from €389.00
1,359 results
All reviews small group tour wild irish rover world tour day tour northern ireland irish adventure dingle bay gougane barra hotel active tour sea kayaking guide tim sheep farm killarney national park large coach amazing adventure north tour big bus tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2024 via mobile

Vagabond/Driftwood tours are the absolute BEST. We just completed the 7 day Treasure Ireland tour and had a most memorable time. Danny and Shane made sure we were all comfortable, getting the history and traditions of Ireland and that everyone was “happy”! Couldn’t have asked for better accommodations or a better experience. Highly recommend, for the experience of a lifetime.

Thank you Vagabond/Driftwood, Danny and Shane!

Kim D.

Date of experience: April 2024
robrankinvagabond, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2024

Hi Kim, wow thank you so much for your glowing review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We're delighted you had a great time with Danny and Shane, they are both a huge part of the Vagabond team. A lot of work goes in to finding the best accommodation for our guests so we're happy that you enjoyed them.

Thank you for your kind recommendation. Here's to many more adventures in the future!

Reviewed 25 April 2024

This is second Vagabond tour I have taken. Both tours traveled to Ireland’s
Wild West (Galway, Dingle, Kenmare, etc.) Though similar terrain may have covered , each was different . The guides were fantastic; each sharing his unique perspectives of Ireland as well his wit and his knowledge of the great country. Each guide had different stops along the way where we enjoyed a walk or a stunning view. There were two apprentice guides on my second tour and, even though they were learning the ropes, they too, were fantastic. On the first tour I traveled alone but the small group was welcoming as was the guide. On the second tour I brought along my 12 year old nephew and the both of us felt like we be belonged. I loved the walks we did on each tour as well as the spectacle sights along the way. The accommodations were great. I heartily recommend Vagabond tours to anyone who is thinking of visiting Ireland. It is top notch!

Date of experience: March 2024

Hi Margaret, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for your super five star review.

We're delighted that you found the guides to be fantastic. We are very lucky with our team, they are all super passionate about what they do so it's great to hear that came across.

The walks and spectacular sights along the way certainly add to the richness of the experience, and we're glad to hear that the accommodations met your expectations.

Thank you so much for recommending Vagabond tours to others. Hopefully we'll see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2024

Not only did I go on the Driftwood 6-day Great Southern Tour, but I piggy-backed that tour with the 6-day Northern Tour. Both were just amazing. I can't say enough about Denise & Tomas...they were so incredible. I love that we didn't only go to "touristy" places, we were taken to what I would call "off-the-beaten path" spots as well. Both guides were extremely knowledgeable with the history of places we visited as well as throwing in some colloquialisms in there as well. As we were driving from place to place, the guides were letting us know what we were going to see and the significance of it. The hotels were better than I expected. The recommendations for places to eat were also spot-on.
This was my third visit to Ireland; each time it just gets better. The price, in my opinion, is quite the bargain considering the hotels we stayed at and, most importantly, not having to worry about any logistics. I'm telling everyone I know about this company and am looking for another Driftwood Tour to go on in 2025.

Date of experience: April 2024

Hi there, thank you so much for your incredible five star review. We are absolutely delighted that you had such a great time on both of your tours. They are two great tours to pair together!

Denise and Tomas are both exceptional guides, and we're thrilled that they made your experience so memorable. It's great to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and the food.

Thank you for your kind words and recommendations to your friends, we really appreciate it. How exciting that you are already planning your fourth visit.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2024

Upon my return from my Vagabond tour in Ireland, when asked how I liked it, all I can say is that there is absolutely nothing about Ireland and Vagabond that I didn't love!!! What a fantastic experience. Visiting Ireland has been a bucket list item for me for a lifetime and it did not disappoint. Picking a tour company caused some serious angst, but our choice of Vagabond was spot on. VagaGuide Dave provided some serious craic with his storytelling, and all the while making sure everything and everyone on the bus was comfortable and having a great time. I think we had the cleanest bus in Ireland! All of the people in our group were truly lovely; we all got along so well. I would definitely recommend Vagabond Small Group Tours of Ireland!
Don't wait...

Date of experience: April 2024

Hi Brenda, thank you so much for sharing your Ireland experience with us! It warms our hearts to hear that Ireland lived up to your lifelong dreams.

Choosing a tour company can indeed be a daunting task, we're thrilled that you found Vagabond to be the perfect fit for your adventure. Dave is an amazing guide, we're delighted that you enjoyed his storytelling, he has some great ones.

We truly appreciate your recommendation, and we hope to welcome you back for more adventures in Ireland in the future!

Reviewed 23 April 2024

Took the Driftwood 6-Day Small Group Tour of Northern Ireland. What a fabulous trip! Our driver/tour guide, Angela, was very knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating. Everything was well planned and went smoothly. I would highly recommend using this company for future travel in Ireland.

Date of experience: March 2024
robrankinvagabond, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2024

Hi Mike, thank you so much for your five star review. We're so happy you enjoyed your time with Angela, she's a wonderful guide. Thank you for your recommendation, we would be delighted to welcome you back in the future. Until then, safe travels and happy adventures!