“A-MAZ-ING”

Tp Smiths
Ranked #947 of 2,661 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 16 February 2015

What a fantastic place! What a great start to our Holiday.
A very busy pub but the atmosphere was brilliant, but the food!
The food was Immense! I'm not a big fish fan, but the seafood Chowder with soda bread was to die for. I even managed to get the recipe from them so I can try & replicate it at home.
We also had some salmon bruschetta with a balsamic dressing, anchovies & olives.
The star of the show was definitely the Chowder though.
The waitress that served us & got me the recipe from the chef was so lovely & helpful. checked that everything was great & kept us topped up with drinks.

1  Thank lilkp87

Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

I don't generally post negative reviews but not giving this place a pass. I dropped in for a bite to eat and to catch the rugby on telly. I don't expect much from bar food but the chicken dish being served here was an embarrassment. I got a small breaded piece of industrial chicken breast served on a narrow bun barely big enough to serve a sausage in. It was dressed with a few shards of leftover lettuce and a sqidge of squeezed out mayonnaise. Overdone and overpriced for what it was. To demonstrate how little the staff cared, the bun was clearly burnt but they served it anyway. The place has a big screen but only have the sound on in the small arm of the bar where there was no decent spot to watch. The barman was unapologetic about not having the sound on with the big screen despite most people watching the game. I guess the motto here is 'If you can't do one thing well you might as well do two things badly' This place is always full of visitors due to its location so it is doing the city's reputation no favours.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

A real friendly local. Good range of drinks, excellent atmosphere, lovely setting and great food. A real gem we found on the corner of our street when we stayed in Dublin. The copper spiral staircase was just beautiful.

Reviewed 28 January 2015

Friendly staff providing excellent service. Good selection of ales and meals. Ideal place yo stop after shopping in Jervis Centre

Reviewed 27 January 2015 via mobile

Went here in December on the way to a Xmas party. It wS the night of the water protests so no Luas running and was in high heels. Had no cash and the atm across the road had just closed (the shutters for jervis were down). Was waiting for hubbie and contemplating getting cash out for taxi. Called in here to get a drink while waiting and thought I might get cash back. Ordered the drink and it came to €6. I took out my card to pay and was abruptly told that I had to spend €10 to use my card. I say oh I didn't realise and was immediately told that it said it on the sign. I explained that I didnt see the sign and was told that it was there and I had to spend €10. I said that I only wanted the drink - which was poured and sitting on the bar. I was told that if I ordered Pringles or hot nuts she would put it through. I explained I didn't want either thanks just the drink as I was waiting for my husband. I was told that she could not do that so I said ok and left . The drink was obviously thrown out, I left disgruntled and walked to my destination. So who was the winner here? Absolutely no customer service.i have had lunch here a few times and never had any issues there used to be a lovely girl maybe from cork who worked upstairs. Drank here years ago regularly and always had great experiences. I think sometimes people need to think outside the box.