“fantastic city corner pub” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tp Smiths
Ranked #824 of 2,527 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“fantastic city corner pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2015

A real friendly local. Good range of drinks, excellent atmosphere, lovely setting and great food. A real gem we found on the corner of our street when we stayed in Dublin. The copper spiral staircase was just beautiful.

Visited January 2015

• Finnish first
Warwickshire
“welcome stop for pint and meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2015

Friendly staff providing excellent service. Good selection of ales and meals. Ideal place yo stop after shopping in Jervis Centre

Visited January 2015
dublin
“"It says so on the sign"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2015 via mobile

Went here in December on the way to a Xmas party. It wS the night of the water protests so no Luas running and was in high heels. Had no cash and the atm across the road had just closed (the shutters for jervis were down). Was waiting for hubbie and contemplating getting cash out for taxi. Called in here to get a drink while waiting and thought I might get cash back. Ordered the drink and it came to €6. I took out my card to pay and was abruptly told that I had to spend €10 to use my card. I say oh I didn't realise and was immediately told that it said it on the sign. I explained that I didnt see the sign and was told that it was there and I had to spend €10. I said that I only wanted the drink - which was poured and sitting on the bar. I was told that if I ordered Pringles or hot nuts she would put it through. I explained I didn't want either thanks just the drink as I was waiting for my husband. I was told that she could not do that so I said ok and left . The drink was obviously thrown out, I left disgruntled and walked to my destination. So who was the winner here? Absolutely no customer service.i have had lunch here a few times and never had any issues there used to be a lovely girl maybe from cork who worked upstairs. Drank here years ago regularly and always had great experiences. I think sometimes people need to think outside the box.

• Visited December 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely staff..cosy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2015 via mobile

Staff were so nice..food was a bit expensive for what we got..eg:13:50€ for a salad,and it was only average but a big thumbs up for the staff and cosy pub with a nice atmosphere.

Dublin, Ireland
“Overpriced mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2015

I had a good memory of this pub, where last year I enjoyed a good toast ham and cheese and a pint in a lovely atmosphere. I went back for lunch recently, but this time I found an overpriced menu and a very efficient but rude waitress (we made a mistake and when we called her back to see if it was possible to change our order she certainly didn't try to hide her disappointment). Chips were ok but scampi were brutal and quite expensive. At the end we paid 28 euro for a pint and a glass of beer, a portion of chips and one of scampi. There are other pubs in the city centre where for this amount of money you can have an excellent carvery meal.

• Visited December 2014