Open today: 10:30 - 17:30
Review Highlights
Great shop....lovely yarn.....ambience of the malll is special

Reviewed 17 September 2018
rosemary m
Brooklyn, New York
Tried to go for a repeat visit, but they were closed.

Reviewed 4 September 2018
Blu777

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Dublin
from US$11.60
from US$69.40
from US$23.10
from US$18.50
More Info
All reviews yarn shop irish wool grafton street yarns knitter skeins project lys powerscourt souvenir ireland books
Reviewed 17 September 2018

The Staff is very helpful both with yarn selection, appropriate patterns and needle choices. The owner helped with getting the most out of the Internet site, “Ravelry”

Date of experience: September 2018
Thisisknit, Owner at This is Knit, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you very much for this lovely review Rosemary. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment out of your new project.

All the best,

Lisa

Reviewed 4 September 2018

It's such a lovely shop in a very cute and interesting little shopping center near Grafton Street. I visited there two years ago while in Dublin and was excited to visit again, but sadly it was shut for inventory. There were two other yarnies looking very disappointed as well. Oh well! This is not to complain at all -- just to show that it's such a nice shop that I was sad to have missed it!

Date of experience: September 2018
Thisisknit, Owner at This is Knit, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Oh I'm so sorry that we missed you last Sunday and thank you so much for leaving a lovely review, despite being disappointed on the day. I do hope you'll be able to visit us another time. In the meantime, if there is anything you would like to pick up from our online shop then I would be happy to offer you free shipping, as a gesture of thanks for your understanding. Please email your contact details to office@thisisknit.ie and I will arrange a free shipping code for you. All the best, Lisa

Reviewed 2 September 2018

By coincidence we walked by, it is situated in a shopping mall and the lady told me (almost) all shops in there are privately owned. I had a very nice conversation with one of the ladies in the shop, she wrote down for me a few pattern suggestions what I could make with the yarn I bought there. They have a great selection of yarn. I bought some Irish made, dyed yarn in a very vibrant color and something that goes well with it. Can't wait to start my project. Very well worth visiting. Partner can sit in the restaurant area with a coffee.....;-)

Date of experience: August 2018
Thisisknit, Owner at This is Knit, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you so much for the lovely review Dora. I'm glad you happened to find us :)

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We spent 15 minutes in the Powerscourt Mall before they threw us out. The really nice, super helpful yarn ladies gave us great info and we bought beautiful yarn to remember Dublin. Put it on your list, knitters.

Date of experience: June 2018
Thisisknit, Owner at This is Knit, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

We're so sorry that you couldn't stay longer! But thank you for the lovely review of your quick visit. Hopefully you'll get the chance to come back to Dublin again some day x

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

They were super friendly here and let us wind several balls of yarn that we brought with us. They were also very helpful in finding patterns and supplies for new projects. They have to be one of the friendliest stores I've ever been in. I wish I lived closer and could visit them more often!

Date of experience: May 2018
Thisisknit, General Manager at This is Knit, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Thank you so much for your glowing review Rebecca! I hope you'll be able to visit us again in the future and we're looking forward to helping you again then. Happy knitting in the meantime!