“Very genuine italian pasta in Dublin!”
Review of Rosa Madre

Rosa Madre
Ranked #79 of 2,822 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$91 - US$227
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Temple Bar
Description: Italian seafood restaurant with fresh fish delivered daily from the best suppliers in Europe. Specialists of raw fish starters . We offer a large selection of different seafood but also great selection for meat and vegetarians lovers
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We were in Dublin a few days and people recommended us Rosa Madre as a good Italian restaurant.
We have a very good lunch and the service was really nice. The staff are all Italians and some of them speak Spanish so it was a nice surprise for us, a Spanish family. The restaurant was full of italian clients so I guess it's a reference in Dublin.
The prices are a bit high but the quality of the pasta and product is over the top, specially the ravioli filled with ricotta cheese and truffle. Also the tiramisu was special and the maitre served us a bigger slice because we wanted to share it - very appreciated. Their pasta with lobster is very famous but we didn't have the opportunity to try it.
A really good and chic place to eat in the city center of Dublin!!

1  Thank Elisa M

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I ate here twice on my recent business trip to Dublin.

Luca and his staff are absolutely fantastic and their fresh fish is excellent. They have a variety of options to please everyone, but their whole fish is definitely the way to go. Each night they have different options that are prepared in different ways, as well as a variety of fresh starters.

On my first night I had the local Dublin Bay Shrimp with beautiful grilled vegetables, and then I had the whole Seabream, which was baked and served with potatoes, olives and tomatoes. The portion size was large but VERY delicious and a great choice.

I was most impressed by the wine list, and the fact that Luca had selected some "Orange" wines, which we in North America refer to unfiltered white wines that have a bit of a sour yet sweet and orange tinge to them. They are gaining a lot of popularity here and they originated in areas of Italy like Sicily and Sardinia. Luca was surprised that I order it and we had a great chat, telling me later that he had just procured a new Verementino that was developed in a similar style, and that he would have a bottle waiting if I returned the next evening.

So how could I not? Ha ha. I returned the following evening to the same friendly and smiling staff, and this time tried their fresh fish carpaccio (a selection of salmon, blue fin tuna and a third fish I can't recall) as well as their signature dish, the Tonnarelli all’ Astice (Tagliatelle pasta with half Lobster in cherry tomato sauce). Both exceptional dishes, and of course Luca was spot on with the wine and how fantastic it was.

I would highly recommend this restaurant not only for the quality of the food but for the quality of the service and the attention to detail.

Thank you Luca and staff for two wonderful meals while I was in Dublin. I look forward to returning again in the future.

1  Thank APB1978
Reviewed 9 June 2017

We had high hopes but unfortunately they were not fullfilled. Perhaps the problem was that we ate as a main cource meat. Starter (fish) was ok, not special. Lamb was good but the side (spinnach) was too spicy. My partner ate sirlonstake medium plus but it was too weldone. So nothing special but the prices compared to food is too high.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Visited here on the spur of the moment on a trip to Ireland​ from the US. A busy, cozy restaurant on Wednesday night with an extensive list of Italian wines. We were shown to a table on the 2nd floor and a waiter appeared immediately with menus and wine list. We took our time looking over the menu and ordered veal saltimbocca and pollo alla valsostana, (although the place is known for its seafood), accompanied by a bottle of Endrizzi Chardonnay. Simply marvelous! If we ever win big in the lottery we'll return to Dublin just to dine here again.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This is an amazingly good Italian restaurant in the Temple Bar area of Dublin.

Very authentic fine dining Italian, with excellent food, great service that was friendly and efficient. Plus they have a very good wine list.

This is one of the better Italian restaurants that you are likely to find anywhere. If I lived in Dublin I could very quickly make Rosa Madre my "local".

The restaurant is popular for very good reason - you may need to book to get a table. If you do you will not be disappointed.