4,173 results
All reviews rooftop bar corner suite grand canal square underfloor heating docklands area bord gais great hotel modern hotel star hotel mini bar city centre weekend break fantastic stay temple bar spa concierge doorman
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Outstanding hotel worth every Penney , staff were lovely , food was nice and rooms were fabulous , great location and views from the hotel , right in the centre of Dublin , cannot wait to return back to this hotel , the pool was amazing and the spa

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerard S
TheMarker H, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Dear Gerard S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the team here, thank you for your kind comments; We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 July 2015

To me the hotel is a modern luxury hotel but in a very different way to the more traditional and older style hotels such as the Shelbourne.
From the moment I pulled up outside in a cab to the moment my case was loaded into the boot of my cab on leaving I was looked after and made to feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, I would describe them as attentive but not fawning. Bedrooms are excellent and provide a great nights sleep, the food was always tasty and drinks well presented, we also enjoyed the pool and spa facilities.
The location is great, a 15 minute walk into the City centre along the Liffey or a short cab ride. In my opinion the Hotel is excellent for a weekend break or a business trip.
The hotel also has a fabulous rooftop bar
I will certainly stay again when I visit Dublin

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheMarker H, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear DrewHGT,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope it is not too long before we get the pleasure to have you staying with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I visited The Marker recently but unfortunately had to leave shortly after check-in due to an emergency. The staff were truly wonderful and caring and I will certainly return as a result. A fab hotel.

Room tip: Views of the theater are superb
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear JamesDundalk,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel.

We have been in contact with you already and we are happy to know that everything is ok and we do hope we get the pleasure to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Recently Stayed in this amazing 5 star hotel while travelling home from Spain and visiting the BODYGUARD in the Bord Gais theatre. this is just across the court yard and an amazing hotel, excellent staff, great comfortable bed and classily rooms

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear CKM1234

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 28 July 2015

I recommended this hotel to some European and US friends who stayed recently. The overall experience was good. I would definitely acknowledge that the staff are very professional, and it is a very nice modern hotel. We especially liked the concierge. Who is definitely experienced and wise in the ways of the industry. However, some of the clientele in the rooftop bar on a Saturday night weren't quite what we would have expected in a five star hotel. He managed them as best and as professionally as he could. Also, there were some very drunk ladies in the lobby lounge. The room prices are very expensive. Particularly as the location is not as central as some hotels, I think they are forgetting that they are just off Pearse Street!
As for the bar prices - wow. Very high. It was less expensive at the Shelbourne. Which is also five star but in a very different league. In fact the bar prices are higher than the K Club also! Overall it was nice but too pricey. We didn't eat here for that reason, this meant we had to go into the city centre more than we might have liked. I will be recommending a more central hotel in the future at the same price range. I gave an average star rating for this review, this is to be taken with regard to their five star rating. Nice but not an exceptional five star. For us the food and beverage prices were just too much.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank ireland2usa
TheMarker H, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Dear Ireland2usa,

Thank you for review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

As disheartening as it is to read of our shortcomings, I am confident that thank you to your feedback, we have introduced new standards to avoid this situation to arise again.

I do hope we get the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards