Open today: 12:00 - 00:00
Review Highlights
Definitely worth a visit

Such a great pub so welcoming and friendly. The barmen always made sure we had drinks and great... read more

Reviewed 11 March 2022
kaza_mills
Birmingham, United Kingdom
via mobile
"Saturday Afternoon - Chilling"

During these difficult times, it's nice to get out for a pint and a bite to eat. We went to the... read more

Reviewed 25 August 2020
yvonnepreston47
Dublin, Ireland

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from US$72.66
from US$16.03
from US$26.71
from US$83.35
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2019

I had heard a lot about the Gin Palace,and was anxious to visit it for quite a while.I finally got my wish recently when my son took me there on a visit to Dublin.The pub itself has great atmosphere and is dark and cozy,a great place for a chat on a cold winters night.!!!!.Staff were very friendly and the barman and I shared a bit of banter at the counter.As for the product itself I felt like the kid in the sweet shop,what a selection of gin.It was almost impossible for me to pick one out, so large was the selection Eventually with a bit of help from the barman I opted for one of the Waterford products which was nicely presented and tasted beautiful.If quaint bars and gin is your thing dont miss a call to the gin palace.!!!!My only regret was that we were short on time,but be assured we will return.

1  Thank Liam p
Reviewed 5 November 2019 via mobile

Met few friends catch up meal and drinks. Chap in the know brought us here. Nice atmosphere old style chic friendly staff good gin what not 2 like

3  Thank X5251JUmartinm
Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

Called in for one of the Gin Caraffes. Unfortunately the food had finished (10pm) but the staff, Kevin and Sarah were so friendly and allowed us to bring some food in! Would definitely recommend this bar!

1  Thank mariafaa77
Reviewed 1 November 2019

It was around half six, on the 31st of October.My boyfriend and I had just finished work and thought since it was Halloween we might get a drink and something to eat, we were walking past the gin Palace so stopped to read the menu, we liked the look and were thinking for going in. I turned to my boyfriend to ask him what he thought and then this staff member smoking in the doorway looked at us in a really ugly way and said whilst puffing away' your costumes are shiiiite' and then did creepy little elongated cackle. I'm all for people taking the piss out of us, but the way he spoke to us was filled with such bitterness and nastiness. It was interesting to see someone who was so unhappy with their own life that they would try to make a random couple sad or react angrily towards him. To make himself feel big. I was shocked by the fact that someone would try to be so rude and unprofessional to potential customers outside the place they work. We just walked away and had a lovely dinner and drinks in the Italian Quarter. The one other time I came here, I ordered a mohito which I think the person didn't know how to make, I sent it back as it was really undrinkable unless you were extremely drunk and couldn't taste. I would recommend staying away from this bar.

Date of experience: October 2019
4  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

If you are a gin lover you need to visit this place!! They have over 120 different types of gin. We also were a bit hungry when we visited so tried some of the appetisers and we were not disappointed!! The nachos were amazing and great for something to pick at whilst having a gin or two. The staff were lovely and friendly also they were so helpful on helping me decide which gin to choose. We will definitely be back!!!

Date of experience: October 2019