“Fab Birthday Drinks” 4 of 5 bubbles

Vintage Cocktail Club
Ranked #129 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Fab Birthday Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Had a great birthday drinks here, the decor is funky, great ambience, and helpful staff who are quick to help you out with the extensive menu. There are so many cocktails to choose from so there is something for everyone. It was my second visit and will definitely return, however I think it's more suited for a smaller group sittings as its hard to mingle among a bigger group with the seating! Nonetheless I had a great night at the VCC

Visited January 2017

“Pretentious over priced and boring”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Seedy entrance I'm assuming to look like speak easy. Cocktail menu had no prices which I think is illegal. Didn't stay long as was really quiet,just jazz music in the background. Staff acted like they were doing you a favour allowing you to be there. Would not recommend this place at all. No fun.

Visited December 2016
4 Thank Mary C
Dublin, Ireland
“Hidden gem in Temple Bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Well if none ever told you about it it's likely possible that you'll never spot it as from outside it looks like everything but a cocktail bar/restaurant.
Never had food there yet (it will be next step) but I can guarantee that cocktails are the best in town! I love their whiskey sour!
The atmosphere is amazing, very chic and vintage, perfect for a date or for a drink with friends (who appreciate good cocktails).
I have to say it's not so cheap but it's definitely worth it if you are looking for a well made cocktail in a retro-style cool place!

medellin
“Rude Staff and weak drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The staff member with the black fringe, black lipstick, nail polish and ghostly white face was individually rude to everyone in our group. Being forced into a "sitting time" was also awkward, especially as this place was nearly empty at the time.

3 Thank john_walsher
“Glad I went, Don't know weather I would go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2017

I had read some reviews and heard some positive reports about this place before I decided to go. Loved the quaintness, loved the decor, loved walking up the creaking steps to be greeted pleasantly by Sine who informed us our table wasn't ready and that we can go up to the bar upstairs. This didn't bother me in the slightest as I think its all part of the laid back vibe of the place, what's the rush?

Unfortunately that's when things went a little downhill. There was no staff to be found in the upstairs bar when we walked in and seating was very limited. After about 15 mins we were given extensive menus to look through and a lovely girl served us and took our drinks order.

By the time this was all done we were seated at our table for food. The waiter who served us just seemed to let the place down a little. He always seemed frazzled. Forgot to give us food menus, when he did forgot to come back and take orders. When our food came down he forgot to give cutlery etc etc . I just felt the whole night was spent trying to get his attention to give us something we needed.

They also kept taking away the drinks menu which was a little frustrating as there was a lot to go through and limited time to look before you wanted to order another.

Overall the food, although limited in choice was very tasty, The cocktails were out of this world and the speed in which they were brought down is commendable,

I'm glad I experienced VCC but don't think I would go back based on the not quite up to scratch service.

• Visited December 2016