“Hidden gem in Temple Bar!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Vintage Cocktail Club
Ranked #129 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Hidden gem in Temple Bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Well if none ever told you about it it's likely possible that you'll never spot it as from outside it looks like everything but a cocktail bar/restaurant.
Never had food there yet (it will be next step) but I can guarantee that cocktails are the best in town! I love their whiskey sour!
The atmosphere is amazing, very chic and vintage, perfect for a date or for a drink with friends (who appreciate good cocktails).
I have to say it's not so cheap but it's definitely worth it if you are looking for a well made cocktail in a retro-style cool place!

Visited January 2017

medellin
“Rude Staff and weak drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The staff member with the black fringe, black lipstick, nail polish and ghostly white face was individually rude to everyone in our group. Being forced into a "sitting time" was also awkward, especially as this place was nearly empty at the time.

Visited January 2017
3 Thank john_walsher
“Glad I went, Don't know weather I would go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2017

I had read some reviews and heard some positive reports about this place before I decided to go. Loved the quaintness, loved the decor, loved walking up the creaking steps to be greeted pleasantly by Sine who informed us our table wasn't ready and that we can go up to the bar upstairs. This didn't bother me in the slightest as I think its all part of the laid back vibe of the place, what's the rush?

Unfortunately that's when things went a little downhill. There was no staff to be found in the upstairs bar when we walked in and seating was very limited. After about 15 mins we were given extensive menus to look through and a lovely girl served us and took our drinks order.

By the time this was all done we were seated at our table for food. The waiter who served us just seemed to let the place down a little. He always seemed frazzled. Forgot to give us food menus, when he did forgot to come back and take orders. When our food came down he forgot to give cutlery etc etc . I just felt the whole night was spent trying to get his attention to give us something we needed.

They also kept taking away the drinks menu which was a little frustrating as there was a lot to go through and limited time to look before you wanted to order another.

Overall the food, although limited in choice was very tasty, The cocktails were out of this world and the speed in which they were brought down is commendable,

I'm glad I experienced VCC but don't think I would go back based on the not quite up to scratch service.

• Visited December 2016
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Graham M
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic night here with girlfriends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2017

Great night here with girlfriends. Food was great and cocktails galore... each better than the last one!! Place is decorated really well. Really cosy. Very different.

Visited December 2016
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Hidden cocktail bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2017

I visited this cocktail bar with my girlfriend on a Monday evening in Dublin. Although I'd seen it marked on google maps, it wasn't until we were recommended it by a person working in a restaurant that we took the plunge. To be honest I doubt I would have found it just using Google Maps.

The initials VCC on the door gave us a clue we had the right place, but nothing about it screamed cocktail bar. We rang the doorbell, twice, and eventually we were allowed in. We were asked if we'd booked (apparently this is advisable) but we hadn't and were told we could go to the "terrace", thankfully it was indoor.

It was really nicely decorated inside, laid out like a speakeasy. Fortunately there was a space left for us to sit down as it was fairly busy. We had a couple of rounds of cocktails and there was lots of choice. Cocktails are no cheaper than €10 but were good.

There was table service, but as with most cocktail places: only one person was making them so it was a little slow.

• Visited January 2017