“too expensive for what it is”

Vintage Cocktail Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Vintage Cocktail Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Cocktail bar, nice place, spooky alley, nice décor, not worth the price... stupidly expensive.
I am into my cocktails, but if I am going to spend 15 euro on one I wont wait 15 minutes just to order it at the bar. Not happening.

2  Thank john_walsher

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Outstanding cocktails, and the servers really knew the drink menu inside and out. This place is a total anomaly in the Temple Bar area, and quite frankly, a welcome respite. Great for a romantic almost-end of an evening. Look for the door w/the letters "VCC" on it, buzz, and wait. Bookings recommennded.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I booked VCC early in the week when we arrived we were placed in front of a roaring fire. We were absolutely melted by the end of the evening.

We had the displeasure of being placed right beside a hen party of about 20 people. Cackling for the night & playing silly games.
Seriously this place is upmarket, no????

The service was non existent.

I was here in the summer with a friend & I couldn't fault the place. We just walked in off the street, no booking. The cocktails were out of this world. This time around the cocktails were clearly watered down!
One of our party ordered a berry punch & there was literally a block of ice in the middle of her glass??

It's disappointing aswell that VCC has changed the menu. When we were there in the summer there were 3 options per cocktail. If I remember correctly it was €9.95 / €11 & €13
All cocktails are priced at €11.95 now.
Seriously overpriced for the brutal non existent service here!!
We constantly had to seek out the waitress/waiter. At half 9 we asked to order drinks & by 9.55 the waiter still hadn't come back to us so we just paid & left. I would have had no problem leaving the 10% gratuity if the service warranted it but it was truly awful!!

1  Thank truthfulreviewer84
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

A small little speak easy in temple bar. The interior decoration has wonderful ambiance and while a tad overwhelming, the menu has a fantastic range in cocktail options! Service was a bit spotty at times, but it didn't matter once we had our delicious (albeit as to be expected pricey) drinks.

1  Thank Joanna-Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Myself & four friends had a lovely evening here last Sat night . We had booked!! Reccomended as it was packed . We were shown to the Roof Top Bar as we waited for our table . All candle lit, divine music, it was very different . An amazing Cocktail menu , but vey few Vodka based . All the staff re very efficient & friendly .we were shown to our tables (2 circular ones put together !) and given our menus. I would highly reccomended the Steak & Chips, Pork Belly was another choice & the girls had 3 different plates to share , Tunasalad, Risotto Balls & divine veggies.
All cooked to perfection . Unfortunately there is only one red & one white wine on the menu , so we did not linger after dinner , The 2 hour slot given is adequate and we left very satisfied. Ther was a queue outside the door when we left at 10 pm for the next sitting !
Definitely worth a visit , certainly an Experience......very different . Well done VCC