“Warm and yummy!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

The best risotto of my life. Fresh basil puree, pumpkin seeds and loads of roasted root vegetables. It was terrific--perfect for a chilly wet day. My husband had the fish pie, which he said was "unexpectedly delicious."

1  Thank TinyTiptop
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a real find. The food is just incredible, make sure you try the prawn risotto, chowder, lamb and beef- we could not fault anything. What really makes this gem stand out from the crowd is the amazing service, funny, attentive, informative without any sense of self importance, exceeds anything we experienced elsewhere. We can not praise this restaurant enough, what it lacks in size it makes up for in quality, passion and friendliness. We will definitely be back, thank you.

2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Has to be my favourite restaurant ever. Such good value, BYOB, and the atmosphere that this restaurant is so comfortable and relaxing. They have a great relationship with Mulligan's next door, that there is no problem bringing your pint in with you.

The portions are massive and everything is fantastic, my favourites are the prawn risotto, and the lamb shank, but everything is amazing.

I can assure you, that you will not go home disappointed from this place, and you will want to come back.

You will need to book well in advance, so if you are planning a night out, plan way ahead.

2  Thank Ciarán W
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We have booked this restaurant already for next year as we meet up annually..none of us ever had food or service like it..amazing

1  Thank gardenmadam
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

1 word: scrumptious.
I only got a table on short notice (6 weeks) as it was for a week night. Booked it in January for my husband's birthday, after my biannual work night out here in Jan (booked months ago!). Over a 6 month waiting list for a Friday night - and yes you're asking "seriously?" But it is that good.
The quality & flavour of the food is superb at very reasonable prices. It's also a BYO wine place (no corkage charge), they do sell wine too so you won't be stuck if you don't bring your own.
The only downside, if you consider it one, is that portions are rather large, you're stuffed afterwards.
This time round, both myself and my husband got the cajun seafood chowder for starter - yum. For mains we had 1: steak and 2: the surf & turf. The "turf" was pork shoulder meatballs. Su-perb. The steak cooked to perfection. 1 cheeseboard between the 2 of us to finish was the perfect way to end dinner - the fig chutney complements the cheeses nicely.
Would go more often if I could!

1  Thank Marylila