“Amazing experience ”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a real find. The food is just incredible, make sure you try the prawn risotto, chowder, lamb and beef- we could not fault anything. What really makes this gem stand out from the crowd is the amazing service, funny, attentive, informative without any sense of self importance, exceeds anything we experienced elsewhere. We can not praise this restaurant enough, what it lacks in size it makes up for in quality, passion and friendliness. We will definitely be back, thank you.

2  Thank Sharon B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Has to be my favourite restaurant ever. Such good value, BYOB, and the atmosphere that this restaurant is so comfortable and relaxing. They have a great relationship with Mulligan's next door, that there is no problem bringing your pint in with you.

The portions are massive and everything is fantastic, my favourites are the prawn risotto, and the lamb shank, but everything is amazing.

I can assure you, that you will not go home disappointed from this place, and you will want to come back.

You will need to book well in advance, so if you are planning a night out, plan way ahead.

2  Thank Ciarán W
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We have booked this restaurant already for next year as we meet up annually..none of us ever had food or service like it..amazing

1  Thank gardenmadam
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

1 word: scrumptious.
I only got a table on short notice (6 weeks) as it was for a week night. Booked it in January for my husband's birthday, after my biannual work night out here in Jan (booked months ago!). Over a 6 month waiting list for a Friday night - and yes you're asking "seriously?" But it is that good.
The quality & flavour of the food is superb at very reasonable prices. It's also a BYO wine place (no corkage charge), they do sell wine too so you won't be stuck if you don't bring your own.
The only downside, if you consider it one, is that portions are rather large, you're stuffed afterwards.
This time round, both myself and my husband got the cajun seafood chowder for starter - yum. For mains we had 1: steak and 2: the surf & turf. The "turf" was pork shoulder meatballs. Su-perb. The steak cooked to perfection. 1 cheeseboard between the 2 of us to finish was the perfect way to end dinner - the fig chutney complements the cheeses nicely.
Would go more often if I could!

1  Thank Marylila
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This place was fantastic. Managers (man and woman) were friendly and hilarious. It's very small and they do set seatings. They actually do sell some beer and wine although you can BYO. We started w/ a shrimp cocktail and a delicious Cajun chowder (almost like a thin gumbo). The wife and I were kind of fighting over the chowder at the end. She ordered surf and turf which was well prepared fish and pork meatballs. I got the Irish prime beef, an absolutely awesome cut of meat served over delicious veggies. Finsished off with some simply but decadent desserts. We left stuffed to the gills. Final price: E85! I frankly would have happily paid double that for this quality of food. I told the manager we'd paid much more for much less!

1  Thank mjpchicago