“Dinner and Lunch”

Price range: US$11 - US$59
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: ASADOR is a Spanish word that means 'Grill' or to cook over fire. At ASADOR we celebrate the relationship of food and fire, cooking the best of Irish Meats and Sea Food over our bespoke 7 foot 'ASADOR' or Barbecue.
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Asador remains my favourite restaurant in Dublin. I eat there all the time - for lunches and dinners - for business meetings and with friends. The food, service and attention to detail, in my view, get better all the time. I am not a meat eater so why do I constantly return to what is essentially a serious meat venue? Well firstly the fish
is always super and always served with highly imaginative and delicious garnishes. Secondly, I observe the consistently positive reactions of my meat eating friends and business visitors - many of whom have become regulars. And finally the setting is wonderful - circular booth seating for groups of up to 6, smaller tables for couples and the addition of the flexible terrace which adds light, space and potential for private parties. Lunches are exceptional in terms of standard and value - I highly recommend any of the BBQ Sticks/ Skewers! Asador also has a well thought out and reasonably extensive wine list which provides plenty of global choice. Wonderful cocktails prepared by Danny at the Bar are further icing on the cake. Overall Asador is a consistently good quality restaurant in a great location with friendly knowledgeable staff. I recommend.

Shane M, Manager at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Hi Terry,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Asador and thank you for your loyalty over the last 4 years. We strive for consistency with regards to our food offering and we love when it is appreciated.

I am sure we will see you soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We rated this very popular restaurant very highly a couple of years ago and after our recent visits the verdict is that it just keeps getting better. The one downside is that it can be difficult to get a booking, especially at weekends, but it is worth the wait.
We usually start with a pre-dinner drink in Smyths, next door; one of the best pubs in Dublin.
The menu at Asador is not extensive, it does not need to be. The steaks are exceptional, the fish is wonderful. Add to this outstanding service and great atmosphere and it adds up to one of the very best restaurants in Dublin. Highly recommended.

Shane M, Owner at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hi Noel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Asador. We are delighted you enjoyed the evening with us. We strive for consistency with regards to our food offering and service and we love when it is appreciated.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Brought for a birthday meal and couldn't fault it. Enjoyed a whiskey sour (made with a favoured cherry bourbon much to my delight), starters were fantastic and our mains, steaks were sublime. For me, a lot of a restaurant experience goes into your server. For us, it was fantastic. Roberto was polite, prompt and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. An enjoyable first impression all round.

Shane M, Manager at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Asador. We are delighted you enjoyed the evening with us. Yes our Cocktails are delicious!. We strive for consistency with regards to our food offering and service and we love when it is appreciated. We do hope to see you back in Asador again soon to sample what more we have to offer, I will pass your kind words on to Roberto!.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Me and the boyfriend went her for dinner, Sat outside in the terrace area, We were very impressed with the staff. The waiter recommended the cote di buff, was delicious, he also chose a wine for us to go with it and it was spot on, from the atmosphere to the food itself - all very satisfying. Hostess was very welcoming. Fast service. We treated ourselves to an after dinner cocktail which just topped everything off. It is a little pricey, If I was the owner I would throw in the cocktail for free at either the start or the end to make it a little special (as you do leave a decent amount of mone) and to keep people coming back. Overall, very happy.

Shane M, Owner at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable night here at ASADOR. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Keep in touch with us on social media to see all the exciting things to come!

Kind regards,
The Asador Team

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We went to the Asador early and had the pre-theatre dinner. One of the options was a steak - a choice which we have found usually to be pricey in the UK and Ireland. I had this here for quite a reasonable price and it was small but very tasty and cooked just as I asked for. I liked this restaurant a lot and would go there again.

Shane M, Owner at Asador, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the amazing review we hope we can keep on impressing you in the future. We look forward to seeing you again.

the Asador Team