Review Highlights
Outstanding experience of County Wicklow

We took a day tour of County Wicklow with Michael. He picked us up precisely on time at the door of... read more

Reviewed 19 May 2024
cynthiasL329CR
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Newgrange passage tomb, Slane Castle distillery and Celtic crosses

My son Connor and I were picked up promptly at our central Dublin hotel and taken to our ancestors... read more

Reviewed 15 April 2024
Lynn V
Harbor Springs, Michigan

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
All reviews boyne valley michael fox celtic crosses personalized tour his knowledge knowledgeable guide great tour grange tailored ireland ancestors itinerary
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My wife and I had a great tour out of Dublin with Michael that covered Glendalough, Kilkenny and the Wicklow mountains. Michael was knowledgable, professional, helpful and very personable. I highly recommend his services and would use him again.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We had a long day tour to Blarney castle and Cork from Dublin.
Our driver/tour guide Jim was excellent . He was extremely knowledgeable of all the history of Irish events throughout the ages.
He made the long 12 hour day very enjoyable with his many stories.
I would thoroughly recommend the tour and our great driver Jim

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We toured with Michael to the Boyne Valley on our first day in Ireland, and we ended our visit days later with a tour to Wicklow. Michael can be absolutely trusted to communicate fully and promptly with you while planning your day. He also makes it easy by picking you up directly from your hotel. Wicklow is one of the more beautiful settings in Ireland and Michael drives you through the countryside, providing commentary on its history and sights. Stops are made for pictures and to see various sites up close as well as a break for a lovely lunch. We ended our day with a ride back to Dublin along the beautiful coastline, with a stop at an isolated little beach. The tour can absolutely be tailored to your own personal wishes. We highly recommend spending a day with Michael on any tour that he offers!

1  Thank nicknancy
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Our guide Trevor was knowledgeable and presented information in an entertaining manner.
The trip was far greater than anything we could have done on our own.
Full points for our bus driver too.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My son and I spent a week in Dublin, but wanted to get out of the city to see some some "sites that would be interesting for a teenager and his Mom." Michael Fox took us on a tour that included Newgrange, the Celtic Crosses at Monasterboice, the Hill of Slane, Trim Castle, Bective Abbey, and several other sites within the Boyne Valley. Michael was extremely knowledgeable about every place he took us and the history surrounding the region. He created a truly fun, educational, and very enjoyable day. Michael picked us up at our hotel in the morning, and dropped us back off in the evening. Had I rented a car and attempted to see the sites myself, I'm quite sure we wouldn't have seen half of what Michael showed us, nor would we have experienced the history, knowledge, and hospitality that Michael shared. Make sure to bring clothing/umbrellas suitable for every type of weather. We went from long sleeves to raincoats and umbrellas to short sleeves and sunglasses during the course of our one-day tour in July.

Date of experience: July 2016