“Terrific meal”
Review of Michael's

Michael's
Ranked #358 of 2,803 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Award Winning Chef Proprietor Gareth Smith Cooks Everything From Scratch. The freshest seafood, mostly directly from the Local fishing boats. Hand Picked Dry Aged Meats from The Village Butcher Home-Made Pasta and over 70 Wines to Drink in or Take Away in our wine shop
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

What a great restaurant. I had a fresh crab salad to start which was really tasty, followed by the best filet steak I have eaten in many years. My companions had the lobster special main course, which was ‘the nicest lobster ever!’ And the other 2 had the sole and crab special which they both really enjoyed. The staff were friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We had a really brilliant night in Michael's Restaurant.All four of us commented on the excellence of the food and the service. We have recommended it to all our family and friends because it was so good.There were so many highlights but we would recommend duck arrancini and crab salad for starters. For the main course the monkfish was lovely, the black soul was beautiful and the rib eye steak was tremendous. The desserts were superb with homemade ice cream and the chocolate mousse standing out. Our waitress from Monaghan was friendly,informative and helpful. We will definitely be returning and recommending to others.

1  Thank Ciaran M
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We went as a party of 3. Started well with the lovely Duck Arancini and succulent Mussels. We followed with the excellent Large Crab gratin for €22 which was a delicious combination of crab claws and prawns served with homemade chips or salad. I had the Wild Venison Casserole for my mains and the meat beautifully tender in a rich sauce.
As it was a lunch we just had water and did not try any of the interesting looking wine pairing so I cannot comment. Pleasantly full after 2 courses, so we did not try dessert. We noticed there is an all day deal of 3 courses for €25 on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday, which my son who had recommended this restaurant told me was great value.
Michael's is a cosy local restaurant which serves great food a reasonable price.It is deservedly very popular with the locals. This is always a good sign and if you get the chance do not miss trying it out.

2  Thank seawindmill
Reviewed 24 December 2017

The restaurant goes from strength to strength, had a fabulous memorable meal with two members of my family recently..
The Surf and Turf was to die for as were the Mussesls and Crab starters. Lovely warm setting complimented by friendly professional service.
A restaurant on top of its game, congratulations to all

1  Thank TMPB
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Had a delightful lunch today in Michael's in Mount Merrion. Very much a neighbourhood vibe, though prices were on the high side - we paid nearly 30 each for our fish mains, though the food itself was delicious and well presented. A special note of the fishcakes that accompanied the John Dory, the flavour was superb.

We shared a great sticky toffee dessert with a caramel flavoured tuile and ice cream, yum! Our mains were paired with the recommended white. Bill with tip came to 90 - two mains, two wines and a shared dessert. They do a great deal Tuesday to Thursday for 3 courses, all day, 25 euro and various other offers on the website. The ambience is a little too old fashioned - the place was previously a neighbourhood cafe - but I'm sure that will change with time. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank T00shka