“Typical Irish Pub”

The Lotts Cafe Bar
Ranked #31 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Voted the NO 1 Bar by Trip Advisors in Jan 2016 !!!! The Lotts consists of a lounge and a bar. The lounge is modern with mosaic tiled ceilings and floors and beautiful chandeliers, where the bar is a rustic old style Irish snug bar ( Also the smallest bar in Dublin ) The Lotts Lounge is extremely popular for food from traditional Irish breakfast served all day up to our most popular dish, - Our Steak on the stone. We offer one of the best deals in Dublin with 2 Sirloin steaks with any sides plus a bottle of our wine of the month for only €45. This deal is also on special Sunday-Wednesday for only €35 served with side salad ( extra sides only €3 Each ) Reservations are Essential at weekends and busy days in the city / recommended for other days to avoid disappointment
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We were recommended to go here for dinner by a tour guide. We were not disappointed. It is very busy and they take reservations especially if there is a favored soccer game. It is a noisy, crowded, lively place that serves amazing dinners. They have a tiny bar in the front but a larger bar and dining rooms in the back. Very friendly service, very prompt. Josh was our server and when we came back our last nite, as busy as it was, he greeted us again like we were family. I wonder what we did for him to remember us? Well they have a special steak for 2 and a bottle of wine for €35, a bargain, 2 steaks served on a sizzling plate done to your liking. I had the lamb shank with mashed potatoes. We had a delicious cheese board as a starter with blue cheese, smoked cheddar and brie with jam. Everything was delicious. Our last night in Dublin we ended up here (not planned) and I had the seafood special of calamari, cod and smoked cod. The breading was a little thick but everything was again wonderful. The portions are very large. We enjoyed Lotts Bar at each visit and would highly recommend. It is close to the Ha'Penny Bridge, easy to find. Thank you, Josh!

1  Thank pulmqueen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This bar & restaurant was just across the street from the apartment we were staying in on our Dublin break so popped in for breakfast. We were not disappointed. It was really good.

1  Thank Jackie A
Reviewed 9 March 2017

The Lotts Cafe Bar is on a corner of Lower Liffey Street, North of the river in Dublin. It opens at 10:30 on a Saturday. The rather gaudy outside belies a charming old fashioned interior with fancy chandeliers and tile work.

I ordered the full Irish breakfast for 11 Euro and my girlfriend opted for scrambled egg on toast for 8.50 Euro, both meals came with tea and the breakfast also came with a glass of orange juice. Other options on the menu are a mini breakfast, bacon or sausage sandwich, smoked salmon and poached eggs, omelette and a farmer’s grill – which is the breakfast plus a 4oz steak and chips.

All the components of my breakfast were very tasty and the sausages weren’t too bitty. I’m particularly fond of the white pudding which is a common feature of an Irish breakfast. White pudding is similar to black pudding, but isn’t made with blood, consisting of pork meat and fat, suet, bread and oatmeal. If I was being picky I’d say that the toast was a bit cold, the mushroom a little rubbery and the tomatoes a bit burned, but it was exactly what I needed to give me energy for a day’s walking around Dublin in the rain.

My girlfriend said that her scrambled eggs were great and also had a bit of a moan about the toast. The food was better than the cooked breakfast we had at Ann’s Bakery the previous day.

It's also worth noting that The Lotts features the smallest bar in Dublin alongside the big restaurant space accessible via a different exterior door or a short stepped internal passage.

1  Thank couchmagpie
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a nearby place to have breakfast and TripAdvisor brought us here - we had the full Irish breakfast, perfect meal after a night of clubbing!

1  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Nice food and nice service but the 21st best place to eat in Dublin city out of over 2,000 places? Hmmmm....

I ate here with herself and we both liked it, but we certainly weren't blown away. We called in on a wet evening recently with no reservations and both went for the 8oz fillet steak. It was a nice cut of meat, but nothing spectacular. It's pub food and I've had better steak in other pubs.

The bar itself is really nice. Very grand and there is a good atmosphere. It's a bar though, more so than a restaurant and it got a little rowdy as a crowd of lads came in for a few pints. Fair enough though.

Nice food, but it's a pub and I certainly don't think it's one of the best places to eat in Dublin.

1  Thank Danc5959