“Fabulous food in beautiful surroundings”
Review of Grand Central

Grand Central
Ranked #304 of 2,944 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Grand Central is a former bank renovated to classic proportions. The Grand Central features four central columns set around the central dome of beautifully restored 1920 architecture. It still houses the original safes that were still being used up until recently in it's former role as a bank. Here you find a great atmosphere, lovely cocktails, amazing food & super service.
Reviewed 29 October 2021

We had a fabulous meal here on a busy Friday night. Staff were very efficient and attentive, but not over the top. Food was very good, the best meal we've had during our stay - the chicken Katsu curry was amazing.! Highly recommend a visit.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (428)

Reviewed 21 October 2021 via mobile

Ordered my main course and dessert for after I finish my main but the dessert a warm chocolate brownie was taken out with my main course which had fresh cream on it number 1. It was supposed to be a warm brownie would have went cold if I hadn’t asked the waitress to bring it back and number 2. It had fresh cream and ice cream the cream would have went sour and the ice cream would have melted. Me and my mother were served by the most rudest waitress I have ever come across and more interesting in flirting with the bar staff rather pay attention to the customers.

Reviewed 4 October 2021 via mobile

Great interior decor and atmosphere even though it was fairly quiet when we were there. Our table waiter, Vincent was outstanding and tended to us brilliantly. What an asset that boy is! Well done to the owners for giving him a job. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

I had a live spider in my food.

I ordered the Beef and Guinness pie, which was served with side salad. After a couple of bites of the pie, I put my fork in the salad only for a spider to emerge from under the leaves. The spider was roughly the size of a €2 coin, was black and had a couple of white spots on its back.

The waitress did not show much reaction and took the plate away. The barman said our bill was on the house.

This incident happened in early 2018. Never again.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

Welcomed by Tatiana.She was so welcoming and pleasant our starters and mains were the best we've had in ages. Our waiter Ivan was was the best waiter we've ever had chatty ,warm ,friendly . Can't recommend highly enough. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2020
3  Thank Stenoo
LouisF631, Owner at Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Thanks for sharing. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to the Grand Central.