All reviews self catering small kitchenette baggot street city centre kitchen area georgian dublin lady at reception cooking facilities bed apartment nice area of dublin minute walk to st friendly reception no lift good size great sleep comfortable beds would stay here again
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Clean and tidy accommodation! Slightly dated but staff friendly and helpful! Don’t book upper rooms if u struggle with stairs!!!
Located just 200 metres from top of city Centre! Close to bars and restaurants and en-route to Avila Stadium. Recommended.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jody1945, Front Office Manager at Latchfords Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to be better each and every day. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Latchford's Townhouse is a wonderful place to stay in Dublin. It's so close to almost everything, it's quiet and very secure. I felt safe there as a solo traveller. I had a lovely room with twin beds, a small kitchenette which had everything I needed for a two night stay. Staff are friendly and helpful - you could not ask for more in such a nice area of Dublin.

Room tip: My room looked out onto the carpark - and was ground floor - great when you have luggage.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We really liked this hotel. They offer free parking in back! Its location is very nice and pretty quiet. It's a short walk to some great cafes for breakfast. Not much further is Trinity University. We also walked (easily) to Temple Bar from here. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. The room has comfortable beds and comforter. There is no central air, which isn't an issue most months. It's not posh, but really provides everything you need. I thought it was a good value and would book it again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank roseleif

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I have stayed here many times over the years... I like the location and generally in the past, it offered decent value in an expensive city. However, the prices have skied since I last stayed here... Not sure why. The location is Good.... I will say that. Its close to the nice bars and restaurants of Dublin 2. By the way, for anyone who is visiting Dublin and who isnt aware of the areas, the area around Latchfords is probably second to none. Beware of staying in hotels in Temple Bar and Dublin 1... I definitley would not recommend those areas.

Back to Latchfords, the accommodation was clean and the beds were kinda comfortable. I was disappoint that despite spending over Euro 200 for a 2 bed apartment, you couldnt have the decency to offer a complimentary bottle of water... C'mon guys... you were circa 60 euro a night for a room just 6 years ago.

The spanish lady at reception is OK... although maybe could be a bit friendlier and helpful...

Its kinda homely... I probably would return if the price was right.

Again - folks, watch where you stay in dublin... Baggot street is a good area. I would highly recommend this street re hotels.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank doscal

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I slept at the "Latchford's Townhouse" on the nights of 26 and 27 August. This is a quiet place on Lower Baggot Street, which you can reach in 10-15 minutes from St. Stephen's Green Park. I had a nice room at the back of the house, which made sure I had a great sleep on both nights. The room included an en-suite bathroom, a large comfortable bed, a wardrobe with a safe and an ironing board in it, very handy self-catering facilties (fridge with two bottles of water in it, micro-wave oven, sink, complimentary plates, glasses, cups and cutlery, and plenty of space in the cupboard) and tea/coffee-making facilties with buiscuits. The room received plenty of light from outside through two big windows which I found really nice, while the presence of a table (with two chairs), a desk with drawers and a comfortable armchair guaranteed plenty of space to write or use my laptop, or else sit back and read. The Wi-Fi connection worked very well, and I wish to thank Ana and Diogo from the reception for their kindness and good manners during my stay. Compared to other places I stayed at in Dublin, the place was good value for my money and I would definitely consider returning some time soon.

Date of stay: August 2018