“Great food, nice wine, friendly service”

No photo provided
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

About our 4th time here in recent years and it just gets better each time
I have the venison, perfect with a lovely sauce, my wife had the scallops also perfect and chosen from a large range of fresh fish options.
The wine list is very good value with a lovely Bordeaux 2012 for €40, same bottle elsewhere would be €70
Waiting staff are just so friendly. Recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Pielow's Restaurant

Reviewed 1 June 2017

This was my second visit to Pielow's and hopefully not my last. On this occasion I was with three friends, one of whom paid the bill. Everthing I ate was beautifully prepared and presented and tasted delicious. I started with scallops which were very good and followed this with hake and asparagus which was perfect, in my opinion. Finished with a yummy raspberry pavlova. Service was good and it was a nice touch when the chef proprietor came to chat to us at the end of the evening. I can't comment on the cost but I really enjoyed my evening.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times
But the prep of food and service this evening was very poor. Not up to usual standards

Reviewed 14 February 2017

It was our first time at this restaurant, and we were not disappointed. The restaurant itself is smalll but cosy and it has a homely feel to it. The menu has a variety of fish and meat dishes. We had the scallops for starters which were delicious and the venison for mains even better.A good selection of wines and deserts are on offer a great way to finish off our meal.
the staff very attentive and informative Brian was great. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Almost like entering a private house, a warm and friendly welcome as we waited for the others to arrive. Our round table for five was well situated in a corner in the busy upstairs area. First thoughts was how noisy it was but I guess we got used to it. The menu was interesting with an excellent selection and fowl, beef and pork and lamb. Veggies were nicely cooked and potato gratin went with all our choices. Desserts were a modern twist on well know dishes, like pavlova, which came stacked rather than a slice, someone else had a crumble and that too was different but good.
The owners of Pielows have a vineyard in South Africa and we selected wines from there which were excellent. At coffee stage the chef and owner came to talk to us and tell us about the vineyard, a good finish to a pleasant evening.