Review Highlights
Wow

Great park with great facilities. Loads of parking and it was a sunny Sat afternoon. Iceream van... read more

Reviewed 13 May 2018
Sarah Q
via mobile
Hidden Gem

My wife and I stayed at Camac Valley holiday park and took out three small children in to Corkagh... read more

Reviewed 18 April 2018
geratron1
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from US$40.40
from US$32.30
from US$75.00
from US$86.60
More Info
All reviews rose garden pet farm camac valley cricket match great playground naas road few hours all ages worth a visit fishing woods lakes clondalkin fairy trees picnic paths
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Rather than fight crowds in Downtown Dublin, we spent the last day of our vacation wandering around the park. There were numerous activities that day, including football practices and a fun run. Also found the fish pond, petting zoo, and ultimately enjoyed the walk.

1  Thank MeadowvaleON
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The park has many attractions for all ages:
Playground, Fairy Wood and Petting farm for kids.
Rose garden, arboretum,fishing lakes, duck ponds and nature walks for enthusiasts.
Cricket pitches, Baseball Rounds and football/rugby/GAA pitches for the sporty types.
There is a small cafe up at the fishing lakes and generally and ice-cream van at the playground.
The park itself is extensive with a camping and motorhome village on the N7 side and allotments to the west near the sports grounds.
Throughout the park you can find exercise equipment also.
It is within walking distance of Clondalkin village and any of the hotels in the area.
I absolutely recommend a visit.

1  Thank Karen O
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I visit this park at least three times per week. It's a relatively new park. There are the ruins of an old monastery within. There is a lake which supposedly has fish inside. Visitors to the park are free to bring their own fishing rod and attempt to catch some fish. We tried this on successfully. The park Also boasts A cycle track, A petting zoo, and an area where dogs can be unleashed and run around and socialise with other dogs. There are many playing fields in this park including cricket and baseball. There are also numerous football fields. The children's playground is very large and well appointed. Unfortunately many of the parents disobeyed the rules and smoke openly in the playground area. I have reported this to the park wardens who seemed nonplussed and reluctant to respond or act upon my complaint. There is also a coffee shop located beside the fish pond. I've not eaten anything there nor have I bought coffee there so I can't remark any further on that.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I've known Corkagh Park since I was a child growing up in the area. I knew it as a private estate before it was owned by the South Dublin County Council.
It is a wonderful Park with something for everyone:- Sports fields, Nature Walks, Arboretum, Children's Playground, Children's Farm Animals Zoo, Fishing Lakes, Coffee dock, Duck Pond, Open Spaces, Caravan Park ( Camac Valley) etc.
If you are visiting the Clondalkin area it is very worthwhile to visit the Park. It's an easy walk from the Green Isle Hotel. There is a bus stop outside the Caravan Park entrance.
It us a longer walk from the Newlands Cross Maldron Hotel. You could always get a taxi from the hotel and call a taxi when you've finished your visit.
If your driving, it's a short drive away from anywhere in Clondalkin.

1  Thank FPH
Reviewed 4 May 2016

The weather always helps and the sun was out on the Saturday we visited the park. It's a fine, big park for a walk or a run and there is lots to see and do as you make your way around.
There was a football match and a cricket match being played as we made our way along the clean pathways and there was a group Zorbing on the small fishing lakes which looked great fun!
The petting zoo is a great idea for young kids and there is a small coffee shop too with ice-creams and treats to add to a lovely afternoon.

Date of experience: April 2016