All reviews drumcondra road recommend this b b to anyone bag breakfast private bath local pubs and restaurants bus stop welcoming stay close to the airport city centre yogurt minutes from the airport busy road room was comfortable and clean wouldn't stay anywhere else breakfast was delicious rental car helpful with directions
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just returned from Dublin and had two lovely rooms at Tinode House (twin/no. 3, very cosy, on 1st floor and modern double room on ground floor), both beautiful and quite large, bathrooms also nice, everything very clean. The rooms were going out towards the back garden and quiet at night, slept very good. The winter garden was great to sit in when it was rainy outside, there was also a nice little garden on the back side with table and chairs under a big umbrella as well as a little pavillon, both very relaxing, not only for smokers). PJ gave us lots of good advice and was very helpful and made us feel welcome. There is a nice pub with good food just 3 minutes down the road on the same side. Location is good, bus stop in front of the house to get to the city conveniently. Beautiful B & B with very comfortable atmosphere that we would choose again, Anna / Austria.

Room Tip: We had twin/no. 3, very cosy on 1st floor and modern double room on ground floor), both beautiful and quite large and going towards the back garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Compared to other B&B's that we visited in Ireland, the facility itself is not the strong point. A row house on a busy street, and some of the rooms are smallish. The strong points are the host and the location. PJ provided wonderful hospitality and excellent advice. The location is simple for both the airport and the city. From the airport, take the #16 (as I recall) city bus, it is that simple,, and the same bus to get into the city. Breakfasts are great. In addition, for lunch, PJ recommended Fagans Pub close by, and go there for the carvery (half portion).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family (mom, dad, brother) and I stayed with PJ & Maureen on June 6- June 9. We checked in later than expected, but it was no problem. PJ was absolutely accommodating.
The stay was splendid and I could type plenty, but I'm going to break it down into points to stay simple.

- Breakfast was delicious: you can mix and match to create the breakfast you want. I recommend the traditional breakfast. Need less food? Go for the poached eggs and tomatoes. Maureen makes the breakfast, so if you see her, say "thanks". She doesn't greet guests as much as PJ.
- PJ is full of advice if you ask for it.
- The beds are incredibly comfortable.
- There's parking out front (but you really don't need a car in Dublin unless you're making day trips away from the city). Also, parking in Dublin city is AWFUL. Just a forewarning.
- There's plenty of natural light and mirrors for those who need places to get ready. The windowsills also function great for doing makeup.
- It's quiet, calm and clean without being pretentious or stuffy. Other guests were quiet and respectful, as well.
- It's only a 10 minute drive from the heart of Dublin.
- It's an excellent point for daytime excursions- like Newgrange or the Wicklow Forest.
- It's a 5 minute drive from the airport.

My only complaint is for a lack of plug outlets that fit converters. The plugs (in my room upstairs) were close to the ground, and my converter literally couldn't plug in. There were other plug outlets, so it wasn't a big deal.
Also, the water pressure in the shower is really low. It works, but barely.

Overall, PJ & Maureen are excellent hosts, and Tinode House is an excellent place to stay. I recommend it over a hotel (or another b&b) any day.

Thanks for the wonderful stay!
-the traveling Texans

Room Tip: My brother and I shared the room at the top of the stairs and it got great internet reception all day. My parents were downstairs past the conservatory and got no service unless they were actually in said conservatory. If that makes a difference to you, stay upstairs. The beds in both rooms were super comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lana_from_Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were at Tinode House for 2 nights when we flew into Dublin. Everything was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious. Located outside the Dublin Town Centre, but the bus stop was right outside the door. PJ was extremely helpful and personable. He will be one of our favorite memories!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked two rooms for four of us for 4 nights at the beginning of our stay in Ireland and returned there the last night we were in Ireland before heading to the airport in the morning. It's an easy bus ride to and from the airport. PJ was most welcoming accommodating and very helpful with information about Dublin and how to get around. We were able to get our 3 day bus pass from him, which included the Hop-On-Hop Off bus as well as the most convenient buses to and from center city and around Dublin. That was a great savings and a great convenience. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was always delicious and PJ was always there to help us and share some Irish stories. There was a lovely, bright sunroom off the dining room. I would definitely recommend Tinode House to anyone who is visiting Dublin. At the end of our visit, I inadvertently left a ring in my room. After contacting PJ, he put it in the mail to me, and followed up repeatedly to make sure it had arrived. Thank you, PJ and Maureen, for your Irish hospitality. Marj

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends