2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$303
PricelineUS$284
Hotels.comUS$303
TravelocityUS$303
Orbitz.comUS$303
EtripUS$314
1,710 results
All reviews irish night parnell square city centre o connell street temple bar croke park minute walk short break ireland receptionist buses euro twin liffey
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2021

I choose this hotel due to it's distance from the Mater hospital (less than 1 km), my trip to Dublin on this occasion was to be close to my husband who spent 8 Days in the ICU. My initial booking was made based on location - but I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The front desk staff were superb - check in was smooth - I was given a beautiful room - which was spotless. The bed was so comfortable, the bathroom perfect with both regular and rain head shower. As a solo traveller on this occasion, I felt very secure in this hotel for my duration - everyone from front end staff, restaurant staff and security - helped me so much along the way - which was so very appreciated. As I didn't have an exact schedule of how long I required my room for - I initially booked 2 nights and then extended night by night as I received news from the Hospital - The past week has not been the best for me - but the staff at the Belvedere were my new family and helped me get through day by day.. for that I will be eternal grateful. Next time I need to stay in Dublin - I won't need to think what hotel I should choose - this is my go to hotel in the future. Thanks to all of the staff for their welcome and support.
The food - I had breakfast and Dinner each day - and the quality, layout and service was wonderful. In this time of Covid - the staff and hotel adhered to Covid rules which ensured that customers and staff were safe. The breakfast was a buffet style for cereal, juices, etc and you order your hot plate.. Dinner menu has a nice choice and food is delicious.

Date of stay: August 2021
Sylwia Bednarek, General Manager at The Belvedere Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Hi Kate,

Thank you for the lovely, detailed review. We are very happy to hear that you were looked after so attentively by our team during your stay with us. We are also delighted to hear that the food, rooms and service exceeded your expectations. I will personally let the team know of your kind words and positive experience.

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery. Hopefully, we can welcome you both back to the Belvedere for a relaxed leisure stay in the near future.

Warmest regards from myself and all of the Belvedere Team

Belvedere Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 25 August 2021

I was up for the match the weekend with friends and have to say I would recommend this hotel great to see how busy it was and staff were so friendly even though busy ,had a few pints from Kayla she was very helpful gave us a nice table were we could see the tv and food was very nice ,we stayed in rooms on floor one and 4 of us in each room which was ideal when going with a group of friends the room was clean and comfortable had all we needed ,when checking out we were going down town so the reception took our bags till we got back which was great and no charge so if you’re looking for clean and friendly go to this hotel I hope this help when looking at reviews as we couldn’t fault the place

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Danielle Griffiths, Marketing at The Belvedere Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Hi William,

Thank you for the fabulous, detailed review! We are delighted to hear of your enjoyable stay in our hotel, particularly your restaurant and bar experience! We are thrilled to know that you were well taken care of by Kayla, she is a great member of our team. I am sure she will be over the moon with the positive feedback.

We hope to welcome you and your friends back to the Belvedere Hotel for future matches!
Belvedere Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed in this beautiful hotel last week with my Partner and daughter. Our check in was fast and without problem. Receptionist was lovely. Stayed in room 145 and I have to say it was so spacious and had been recently renovated. Room and bathroom were clean and spotless. Staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Got chatting to a lovely wee barman but didn't get his name Breakfast was delicious and plenty of variety Hotel was central to city centre and near shops. The only negative was we had got Dublin passes which we couldn't really use because most places needed booked due to covid, but this wasn't something the hotel had control over . Will definitely stay here again.

Cathy M

Trip type: Travelled with family
Danielle Griffiths, Marketing at The Belvedere Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Dear Cathy,

Thank you so much for the wonderful, detailed review. We are thrilled to read that your family stay at our hotel was such a positive one and that the room, food and service exceeded your expectations! We work very hard to ensure a high hotel standard, so I am happy to see that reflected in your visit. I will personally pass your kind words along to all of our team.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Dublin!
- Belvedere Hotel Dublin

Reviewed 22 August 2021

This is the first time I have ever written a review but future customers need to be warned as to what they can expect. We got duped, so the least I can do is return the favour. The images on Booking and on the hotel website show plush Art Deco inspired rooms with attractive back lighting and attention to detail. It was the same image that appeared in the confirmation email. Our room did appear among the images but without the dust but not our out-of-date bathroom. The entrance and bar area are keeping with this impression. However, once you get out the lift you find yourself in another hotel. I should have known something was not right when I was asked to pay upfront, something I have never had to do before and I stayed in various places in Ireland before entering this hotel. On entering the room I was greeted by the foul odour of the bathroom, which was in a lamentable state: rusting shower rail, holes all over the tiling and worn tap fixtures. It didn’t exactly inspire hygiene in the time of COVID. As for the room, it was nothing to do with what was advertised. No back lighting, no Art Deco like fixings just leatherette head boards with dust, sunken mattresses, which put my back out and a window on its last legs and one which I was unable to close. The whole room has a tired unkempt appearance. In the hall a tray with wine glasses sat for the best part of a day and a half before it was removed. We made our complaint known and were told the room in the image was premium - of course it was… However, the prospective customer is not told that. The same old story, nothing new. Nevertheless, there should be some continuity in style and quality between premium and ‘economy’ and yet the two were entirely different. They also added that they could not move us because the hotel was fully booked. Hmm… we hardly saw other clients, let alone heard them in the corridor or met them in the lift. So, this was a further tactic that ensured I would write this review. I sincerely doubt the room in the images actually exists. If you go to pick up a Jaguar and they hand you the keys to a battered transit van, you’d have your doubts about the company - and then you’re made to pay upfront to boot. It all made sense when we saw the room; we have vowed ‘never again!’ Later, we received a call offering us one breakfast (not even two for the two nights we were there) on the house but refused for two reasons. Firstly, out of principle, nothing was going to deter us from warning others. Secondly, after seeing the quality of the rooms, we seriously doubted the quality of the breakfast. If I can upload the photos I will, including the dirty bed sheet. If I have taken the time to write this and document it, then you can appreciate, dear reader, that you’re not going to get the room in the image and would do better to take your business elsewhere and, above all, if you’re ever asked to pay upfront go and see the room first, because something is amiss. It was our last weekend in Ireland which left us with a bad taste in our mouths, not to mention the smell, I hope the same doesn’t happen to you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Danielle Griffiths, Marketing at The Belvedere Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review. We appreciate the feedback.

Regards,
The Belvedere Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2021 via mobile

VERY friendly staff and seamless check in! We chatted with the bartender for ten lovely minutes and felt so welcomed by everyone. They also had great covid measures with spacing, cleanliness, and mask wearing. I would exclusively stay here whenever I’m back in Dublin!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Danielle Griffiths, Marketing at The Belvedere Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Hi Emily,

Thank you for the wonderful review and five star rating! We are thrilled to hear of your enjoyable layover in our hotel! We will let our team know of your kind words, particularly our bar and reception staff!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Dublin.

The Belvedere Hotel