“Great little restaurant”

Ranked #262 of 2,787 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$0 - US$17
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run Italian restaurant based in North Strand since 2010. Delicious Pizza, Pasta and home made food available daily. Voted top restaurant in 2014 by Lovin' Dublin
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Staying at The Croke Park Hotel, I looked for Italian restaurants close by and this came highly recommended on Trip Advisor. I was a little dubious to see the location when the taxi dropped us off, but don't be put off. Inside we found a warm and cozy venue, with friendly service and a wonderful atmosphere. Those hard of hearing may struggle, as the acoustics seem to amply the excited chatter of its patrons, but I kind of love that vibe. The only minor niggle was our waitress appeared to be new and we had to repeat our order a number of times, while pointing to it on the menu, and we weren't entirely convinced we were going to get what we ordered, but we did, and every excellent waitress has to start and learn as they go, so it's wasn't detrimental to our experience. Portion sizes were plentiful and some good choices for vegetarians, which is always pleasing to me. I had the Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni, and my companions had Italian Sausage Penne, and Salmon Tagliatelle in a cream sauce - both said it was the best Italian Pasta they had eaten in a long time, and it's our favourite food of choice. The food was served piping hot as well, which is always a bonus as so many serve luke warm food which I find off-putting. I nearly opted for the Pizza, but on seeing the huge size of the ones being dished up, I know I would have wasted half of it. Very generous portions. I managed two scoops of very nice Pistachio ice cream, and my friends shared a Peach and Hazelnut Tart with Pistachio ice cream. Complimentary limoncello's were served, which was a nice touch. After settling the very reasonable bill, one of the staff even went outside to flag down a taxi for us. Highly recommended, I would return again if I come back to Dublin for another visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

wood fired Pizza are amazing, the service is very good in a small
Charming restaurant.
Best to book ahead as always busy.
Take out available as well.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

very friendly and welcoming staff. Superb pizza and pasta menu. Ate in a number of times and had takeouts too! Never disappoints on flavour and service.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

We tried to visit Da Mimmo on our first night in Dublin, but it was full so we booked for a few nights later. So glad we did. We had two starters between two but each one would have been a main course on its own - the tomatoes on the bruschetta were some of the freshest and sweetest I've tasted in a long time, such good ingredients! All portions are huge, but the prices are very modest - it was about 12 Euros for a bowl of pasta and ragout. The house wine was really good as well. Even though it was a Monday night the restaurant filled up very quickly. They had to rearrange some tables as it seemed as though they had forgotten/not registered what size parties had booked (there was a group of 12 and a group of 5 as well as some smaller tables).

Absolutely delicious food and I can't wait to eat there again if we go back to Dublin.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent value and great service would deffo recommend it..unlike some of the Italian restaurants close by which I would never set foot in again...