“Lovely food..but expensive”

Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Food is always lovely here, try the milkshakes they are amazing (as are the cocktails!).. prices are on the dearer side but they do some offers around lunchtime etc

PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Captain America's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Donna ,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at captain americas.

Hope to see you soon

Regards

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We ate here with our two kids recently and whilst the food was ok, it is overpriced. We shared a chilli beef nachos to start and asked for just melted cheese on them and the rest to be brought separately. We got a small bowl of chilli, jalapenos and a small bowl of salsa.....no guacamole or sour cream and at €11.95 we thought that was a bit mean.
Ribs and burgers were fine but Edie Rockets burger by far superior. Kids had lasagne and burger and chips which they enjoyed.
Our waiter however was fantastic, a college student called Sean who was attentive, efficient and had such a lovely manner. He was a real gem!

PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain America's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi Gbecks72
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to read you enjoyed the service Sean provided on the day. I will pass this on to him as I know it will make his day!
With regards to your food on the day I am more than happy to look into the reasons why it was not up to our usual standards. Feel free to contact me at blanch@captainamericas.com
I look forward to hearing from you
Kind regards
Dave

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Every time we went there we were fooled! We had vouchers from work for 50% off, they did not want to accept them for the meals we wanted to order. Another time we went there they charged us for a cocktail double amount because we did not mention that we wanted non-alcohol drink. I did not notice there was any alcohol in my drink, although the waiter saw we were looking for non alcoholic drinks on the menu. The guy on the counter was very uncooperative to handle this miss understanding and very ignorant! (Very rude and unprofessional) The meat has very poor flavour, it tastes like you are chewing tasteless gum. Its understandable people go there to have fun and a party, but if you expect good food, go somewhere else! You get somewhere else better food for better price! McDonalds & BK tastes way better and you save a lot of money!

PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Captain America's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Hi ,

Thank you for your Feedback.I would like to express my sincerest apologies for your experience, I assure you this is not the standards here at Captain Americas and we like to ensure that all our customers leave happy.

Your feedback is extremely important to us,Regarding discounts im unsure what you had on the day but all discounts are different and we ask on arrival that you bring this to the servers attention so we can explain before ordering and also to avoid disappointment when paying. Most of our discounts are buy 1 main get 1 Free not including any special offers (2 course or Lunch menu). For every buy 1 get 1 free meal there must be 2 people.
I can only apologise regarding the drinks as the non alcoholic cocktails and regular cocktails are all on the same menu and sounds like a misunderstanding.
I would like to discuss your visit further. If you would like to mail into the branch. Blanch@captainamericas.com i would be happy to look into your visit more.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Came here after the zoo. The place was almost empty, about 5-6 other tables. We were seated and given menus. We waited about 20 minutes for our order to be taken. In which time two other tables had been seated and had orders taken. So eventually I went to the bar to and asked for our orders to be taken. We would have walked out if we hadn’t had drinks in front of us. Within 5 minutes of our order been taken our food was on the table. Which totally confused me. Fajitas with freshly cooked chicken, onions, peppers etc and a large mince burger with Chili fries all ready in under 5 minutes. My chips were hot and the chili thrown on top of them was cold to the touch. My burger was warm at most...My partners chicken was dry. There was no way this food was cooked fresh. Very disappointing!! If you are thinking of going to Captain America’s I would recommend going across the road to TGI Friday’s as they have a similar menu with much better food and service!!

Hi Daryl,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback. Customer feedback is extremely important to us as it gives us an insight from the customer’s point of view and enables us to identify any potential problems or issues that might have gone unnoticed or have been overlooked.
I would like to apologize for the level of service you received here with us at Blanchardstown. All our floor staff are extensively trained in every aspect of customer service which is why I was deeply alarmed to read your e-mail.
I am currently conducting an investigation into why the level of service you received did not meet our high standards.
If you be able to provide me with a few more details of your visit,
This would greatly assist me.
If you would like to email us here at blanch@captainamericas.com.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Went on a Saturday while shopping at the local shopping centre. Had a good experience, people were friendly and took orders quickly. Food was pleasant, no big expectations. Huge portion sizes making it worth the cost.

Hi Thomas ,

Thank you for taking the time to review Captain americas Blanchardstown. Really look to here all the feedback.

Regards