“Nice atmosphere ”

Ranked #1,117 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Nice little Italian place off the main drag. Good selection on the menu. Pizza was average but a nice change of pace from fried fish. Garlic bread was bland and like the pizza, not much flavor.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for La Gondola

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Met a friend after work (5pm on a Tuesday) and walked through Temple Bar and came across this Italian restaurant. The staff were very friendly and professional. We were seated at the window that opened onto the side street. Service was tentative but no intrusive and they gave us plenty of time to order. We both had chicken, one with pasta and the other with salad. Food was excellent as was the wine. For a restaurant almost in the middle of Dublin's Temple Bar it was remarkably excellent. By the time we were leaving 7.15pm, the restaurant was extremely busy - a very good sign. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank HikerGerro
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Very nice Italian restaurant located in the Temple Bar tourist area. By American standards, this may lean slightly more towards fast food as the restaurant is small and the service a bit informal, but this certainly doesn't deter from the quality of the food or the friendliness of the staff. My husband and I were visiting Temple Bar for four days and dined here twice! I would highly recommend this La Gondola.

1  Thank Marsha857
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

They gave our table away that we had been waiting for. Probably friends of theirs. When I confronted them, they claimed the other party had been there before and left to run an errand. So we can all walk away and come back when we feel like it? That sounds like a reservation... not friendly whatsoever. And it was so obvious to all what they were pulling. I'll I've them thus at least: they don't lie well.

1  Thank Lance C
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived at La Gondola looking for good food and were not disappointed. The young lady greeting us on arrival was extremely polite and cheerful and informed us there was a 10 minute wait for seats. In reality we waited barely 5 minutes. We were presented with a glass of water on seating and ordered our drinks, which arrived promptly. The menu was extremely appetising and I opted for a lasagne, my wife ordered a pizza which had a poached egg on. Very different.

The food arrived piping hot, was presented well, looked appetising and was still hot when I finished. Excellent. Definitely recommend this place.

2  Thank Jermaine_Thompson