“Great birthday party!”
Review of Panda Play Cafe

Panda Play Cafe
Ranked #51 of 87 Fun & Games in Dublin
Reviewed 6 March 2017

My son an his friends had a wonderful time in Panda cafe for his 5th birthday. All the parents agreed it was the perfect venue for a child's party. The staff were wonderful. The kids were thoroughly entertained by "Batman". The food offered was plentiful and there were lots of healthy options. And the icing on the cake was we didn't have to tidy up afterwards!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

I've been to a lot of play cafes and Panda stands out as the biggest, cleanest and most welcoming of them all. If you have little kids with you, it's important you feel they are safe and in all the places I've been Panda is the best one for entertaining kids, keeping it clean and making sure rough behaviour is handled with swift politeness. My son adores the place, the toys, bonds with the staff, loves the toddler tapas menu, and I get to relax and chat with my friends or read a magazine, it's brilliant! The owner is always looking for advice on things she can improve, and really cares about the place and the visitors. You can tell she's a mum too. I love the new baby room for under 2s, and the outdoor playground is just perfect now that the weather is (sometimes) good. It just gets better and better!

1  Thank alyr0ss
Reviewed 20 October 2015

This is my 2nd review for Panda Play ballsbridge. We took our 2 yr old over last weekend. After an initial mixup with the key to open it the kids all rushed in to play with the toys. He really enjoyed it, There is a ball pit, princess wendyhouse, Castle wendy house. Loads of rise on toys, a ride on toy horse, a train,. The only negative was not towards the cafe itself but towards a guardian (grandparent) who just left their kids run riot. And instead of scolding them for being bold (grabbing toys off kids and banging into them intentionally on his wooden ride on) they were rewarded with chocolate!

We will be back again.

Oh and there is loads of costumnes to dress up and jumparoos for non walkers.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

We went to the one in Ballsbridge with our 1 yr old. Lots of toys for him to explore and play with . Great to be able to feed him there and then let him off. We stayed close behind him to make sure he was ok and behaved, as did the other parents, we cant wait to go back.
oh and there was facilities for parents to have tea/coffee and treats (paid of course) but we didnt partake. Will bear it in mind for a party although it might be hard having them sit still when they can see so much to do around them!

1  Thank Darrenireland
Reviewed 19 September 2014

I was in the Donnybrook Panda play cafe on Sunday 14th September and one of the staff, while setting up for a kids party, was walking on the table wearing outdoor shoes while suspending streamers from the ceiling. This was after the table had been wiped down from the previous party and had been mostly set for the new party i.e. it wasn't going to be wiped again prior to little people eating their food. Not very hygienic.

While I was sitting there I sent a message to Panda via their website and got no response. A few days later I posted the message on their Facebook page and it was deleted without any response being received.

Kinda worrying for somewhere that's supposed to safe for kids and kinda worrying that nobody Panda play cafe thought it was worth responding to.

Siobhanoneill, Owner at Panda Play Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

Hello David,

I appreciate the time you took to send a message through our website on the day of your visit. I tried to reply to you but I'm afraid you filled out the contact form with a mistake in your email address so despite a few tries where I tried to guess your email address I couldn't get my reply through to you. In my reply I had thanked you for your comments and assured you that I would speak with the team member in question and make sure this does not happen again.

With regards to a message being posted on our Facebook page, I searched thoroughly and I can assure you there was no message, post or review on our Facebook page from you. I can promise you I did not delete your message, I'm sorry that all your attempts to contact me went unanswered, I can imagine that must have been very frustrating, and I wish it had not been the case. I always respond with gratitude to all feedback we receive, especially if it is something we can learn from and perform better as a business as a result.

When you posted your review here on Tripadvisor I received a notification from this website and I sent you a message the same day explaining all of the above, but I haven't heard back from you. I hope you can accept my apology for the incident, and my inability to get in touch with you on the first two occasions. We are a small business doing our best to offer a great service to families, and as the mum of two kids myself I place the children at PPC's safety and well being above all else. I'm upset about the incident itself, and I promise you we are going to do our very best to ensure we offer the best possible service and safety in the future.

Best regards,