“A bite of lunch before heading home”
Review of The Harbourmaster

The Harbourmaster
Ranked #639 of 2,935 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: he Harbourmaster is located in the heart of Dublin’s ever growing and bustling business district, the IFSC. Our fabulous former Dock Office / Harbourmaster house was first built in the 1830’s and later transformed into a pub and restaurant in the 2000’s. Both the bar and restaurant have undergone cutting edge design transformations in the last year and we continue with exciting developments, all to be revealed throughout 2018!! The Harbourmaster is renowned for it's delicious, great quality and reasonably priced food, which can be enjoyed in the stylish restaurant and newly renovated cocktail bar or in the Old-Style Main Bar which still retains its dock house character. With our classic function rooms, nooks and crannies, the Harbourmaster is the perfect setting for any occasion however large or small! No matter what your need, our friendly team of professionals are at your service!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here for a nice lunch before myself and my uncle went our separate ways and headed home after pre Christmas catch up.

In the main it was excellent in terms of food and service with only one let down food wise which was a shame

Let’s start with service this was excellent firstly they took us without a reservation which was great given weather outside and the staff were friendly, and efficient which given how busy they were it was great.

Now on to the food this as I said previously in the main was excellent and good value my uncle had soup and sandwich which was great and very filling going by his feedback after. Me on the other hand was semi happy the steak on hot stone was excellent and really good value considering you got an 8oz sirloin, chips and sauces which for €16 was excellent. The let down was the chowder this was because firstly it was Prepared and arrived to soon after order had been placed, secondly and much worse was the fact that the chowder as it’s main ingredient consisted of those artificial luminous pink crab/fish sticks which was all sorts of wrong in terms of taste and texture

In the main I recommend it to eat

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place by accident, but I am so glad we did. The staff were so friendly the drinks were good quality/value and the environment was beautiful- the open fire really added to the atmosphere. The food was the best we had during our stay in Dublin. I recommend the chicken wings and fries for 10 euros absolute bargain and so tasty. If your visiting Dublin then this place is a must.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank ClaireGaz123
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had my mothers surprise party here. The staff are really lovely and helpful. The food was lovely too. I would recommend here for a party.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely pub in a nice area. A cozy atmosphere in a busy but friendly area. Restaurant seems to have a substantial menu and lots of customers. Decor very tasteful. Would return.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Rory looked after us as soon as myself and my sister came in the door. Tables were reserved when we arrived and we only wanted a quick bite to eat just before a concert in the 3arena. Rory stated it was not an issue and to come in for some food. He certaintly looked after us.

The Guinness was lovley and the steak was very nice also. Just wished it was slightly larger as it was so tasty.

To top it off Rory then offered to give myself and my sister a lift in his car after our meal to the ferryman for one more pint just before the concert! He could not have done anymore for us. Very happy overall,will be back for sure !

Date of visit: October 2018