“Cake was gone!”

Ranked #49 of 2,724 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Irish, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Bakehouse we aim to offer traditional, flavoursome, homemade Irish foods and baked goods. Classic food from a simpler time, that our parents and grandparents grew up on. The sort of food that give comfort similar to a good hug. Simple....but epic all at once. Our foods and baked goods are freshly prepared in our kitchen and bakery in Dublin City Centre. Every day we lovingly bake all of the breads and cakes, we homemake all of the soups, sauces and relishes etc to make sure we give you the best and freshest home cooked flavours.
Reviewed 25 February 2012

OMG! I couldnt belive myself, i went today with my boyfriend to have something sweet very quickly since we were waiting for some friends and asked for a piece of cake thing and after having a couple of bites we saw under the top layer of it that it was full of mould, we told the guy in charge, he offered us something else instead however we were already disgusted and shocked so we didnt stay or had something else, they should really take care on the quality of the food since some one could really get sick being a health and hazard issue, such a petty we wanted to go that place for a long time, so be careful what you ask for.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Really enjoyed our dinner at The Bakehouse recently. Started with the plate of bread, meat and cheeses. Unexpectedly it was all Irish produce (roast beef, ham, corned beef) with some really yummy dips. I had a fab pork belly open sandwich and it was one of the nicest meals I have had in a long time. My partner had the Guinness and beef pie which he ws also very pleased with. It has a nice atmosphere, definitely a great find.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Get the pot pie. It was fantastic! Lovely little place that is family owned and they played awesome "oldies" music all afternoon.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

A fab place for a quick sandwich or cake during the day. All the bread is baked on site as are the cakes. Popular at lunchtime.Good value for money.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Visited with my 3 daughters and 2 nieces on a Saturday for lunch, we had not booked but they organised a table for us. The food was beautiful and was very very reasonably priced. The staff were lovely. I will definitely go back again, and so far the others that were with me have been back with various different friends. So really recommend this.