“Best service we’ve had in a long time”
Review of Restaurant 104

Restaurant 104
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 104 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #345 of 2,937 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant 104 is an award winning restaurant in the heart of Drumcondra. A local favourite, we are open 7 days a week, from 9am to 10pm. We offer breakfast, lunch, dinner & weekend brunch menus as well as early bird & special offers. All of our food is cooked to order, using only the finest of ingredients. We source the best of Irish produce from dry aged beef steaks and fresh fish to crisp salads and mouth watering pastries, all delivered daily. With great quality food at affordable prices, we are a family favourite and popular choice for groups. Our full bar licence, beer & guinness on tap, bottled craft beers and a carefully selected wine menu, offer something to please all tastes. We have an excellent selection of mature cheeses and homemade chutneys, to compliment the excellent wine & craft beer selection. We serve one of the best coffees in Dublin; a slow roasted, single origin coffee, for take away or sit-in. Offering high speed free wifi and great afternoon deals on coffee & cake, we are a great location for an afternoon get together. Underground & on-street parking available on our doorstep although easy access on public transport too. Wheelchair & buggy friendly as well as baby changing facilities. Enjoy the comfortable surroundings and great music, while you are served by friendly & attentive staff. Outdoor dining is available all year round! We also have an excellent take-away menu available through Deliveroo Restaurant 104 has 2 unique private event spaces, where we can accommodate intimate dinner parties or drinks receptions with customised menus. We also have gift voucher & hampers available all year rounnd. Check out all of our 5* reviews on Tripadvisor and come and experience the great food for yourself.
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I had a family event here recently, with 14 of us having dinner. I have to say we were looked after exceptionally well.

The food was fantastic, wings were delicious, BBQ sauce was great and the portion size was spot on - many establishments have become quite mean with their wings portions these days, but not the case here.

In addition, most of us had steak of one form or another. I had rib eye myself. Very tender and cooked exactly as I wanted it: medium rare. Delicious.

My grandad had sweet potato fries for the first time in his life (!) and, like my own, they were delicious. The team in the restaurant really looked after him and my grandmother very well too and they had a lovely time.

All told: great food, great service and a great experience.

PS Try the bread and butter pudding.

Date of visit: April 2018
Restaurant104, Owner at Restaurant 104, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks Noel for the super review. It was a pleasure to host your family get together...your Grandparents are wonderful people!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate breakfast here almost every day for a week. Wonderful breakfast selection, excellent value, and very friendly. Can't recommend it higher!

Date of visit: March 2018
Restaurant104, Owner at Restaurant 104, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review. Karen

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Great food and service! Recommend the chilli chicken pasta and sausage and mash.
2nd visit. Will go again. The best Bloody Mary I've ever had.

Date of visit: April 2018

Thanks for the lovely review, much appreciated by all of us in Restaurant 104!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I purchased a groupon for €49 for two starters, two mains and wine or beer. We intended to go on my husbands birthday that coming Saturday. I rang to book the table on a Tuesday, the lady that answered the phone asked me to hold for a second, 5 mins later I hung up and called back and she said she had forgotten about me. Proceeded to make the reservation and at the end of the call I advised I had a groupon voucher, she then advised me she had no tables to offer me, I queried this as this was not in the T&C's it simply stated if for use on the weekend to book early - I would consider booking on a Tuesday for a Saturday dinner early. She then said she couldn't offer me a table in case they are busy that night, I said it didn't state this anywhere in the T&C's and that they clearly had a table to offer me, she said she would have to speak to her manager and they would call me back. In the meantime I cancelled the groupon and got a refund. I still haven't received a call back from them and I would suggest the lady in question take some training for her telephone manner. I wouldn't bother with a groupon unless you want to use it midweek when it suits them.

Date of visit: April 2018

Hi Amy, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I will look into this for you. We do have a restriction on the number of Groupon bookings we can accommodate at the weekend but the manager should have called you back to explain. Karen

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My daughter and I arrived late morning & were starving!. Looking at the small row of restaurants across from our hotel, we just chose one, unknowing. We expected just basic food, for a basic price. We got much more. The food was excellent, as was the service. Don't let the small space deter you, worth a visit.

Date of visit: March 2018

Thanks for the lovely review. Karen