Open today: 12:00 - 00:00

from US$28.83
from US$166.23
from US$42.74
1,185 results
All reviews the pub great atmosphere great guinness pint of guinness pubs barman craic whiskeys
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2021 via mobile

This is the strangest situation I’ve been involved in. After finishing work, I went to meet with two friends at the comedy show downstairs in the pub. Each of my friends had one drink each at this stage.

I was served a drink and was enjoying my night. After this however, we were told me wouldn’t be served anymore. The bartender would not tell us why after we asked which frustrated us as we had been polite the whole time and we were all dressed well. We decided to not cause a scene and left knowing we’d get no where complaining to the bartenders.

We decided to go the pub across the road to get our second drink of the night. We noticed one of the bartenders watching us as we left. Once again, we acted in a polite manner, waiting to be served in the second pub. However, we were subsequently shown the door out once again for no apparent reason. We couldn’t understand why this was happening until we noticed the bartender from the Stag’s Head followed us across the road and told the other pub not to serve us. (We had one drink this whole time) We tried to explain that we did nothing wrong but as expected they didn’t listen to us.
We went home after this having one drink each, as it was too late to go to another pub. We’re Dublin locals and we still can’t understand what happened.

I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else as it was extremely unfair and out of line. It seemed as though the bartenders wanted to ruin our night that night for whatever reason and they succeeded in doing so. I don’t plan on returning.

Date of experience: December 2021
Reviewed 6 December 2021 via mobile

I was enjoying a great night with One of my friends, when all of a sudden the staff refused to serve us anymore alcohol for no apparent reason. Before we were refused we had two drinks each and we went up to the bar for another one. The bar tender agreed to sell us another drink, but then he came back a minute later telling us that he would not serve us anymore. This behavior was unwarranted ans ridiculous as we did nothing wrong. When we asked the bar tender why, he didn’t want to give us an explanation. We left the pub in frustration and we agreed to go to the pub across the road. When we got into the bar we noticed the same bar tender who kicked us out of the other pub speaking to the bar tenders in the new pub, we were very confused as we did nothing wrong but we felt it must have something to do with us. After a minute the bar tenders called us over and demanded we leave the pub straight away. We were subsequently refused service again for no reason and we believe this is a result of discriminatory behavior. This really ruined our night and it left us extremely confused. As two dublin locals we were shocked with the appalling behavior of the staff. We feel like we can’t even enjoy a night out with some friends in our own city.

Date of experience: December 2021
Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

Covid?? What covid? I asked for a seat for 2, no problem. We had our covid passport In hand. The waiter wasn’t going to ask. It was early of a Saturday. The bar was full but everyone was following covid rules. 8pm came around and the staff lost the plot. Forgetting to put their masks on. 30 people ordering from the bar at 1 point. Everyone walking from outside to be served. Fancy dress table consumed the whole front of the bar as they were allowed stand up. What was the point in the vaccine at all!

Date of experience: October 2021
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

Very slow service, the staff are completely disinterested. Would advise to go to one of the many other lovely pubs in the area!

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 1 October 2020

We walked through here in a short time on a recommendation and we were not disappointed. With a lot to see and do in Dublin, this is still a worthwhile detour to visit.

Date of experience: October 2019