“Worth a visit- excellent tour guides”
Review of Dublin Castle

and up
Book of Kells Early Access Tour with Dublin Castle
Ranked #51 of 556 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Dublin Castle was for 700 years the seat of British power in Ireland. Today you can still view the remains of the 13th century structure as part of the guided tour. The present Dublin Castle dates from the mid 1700's and today is used by the Irish Governemnt for state events such as the inauguration of the Irish President and state banquets for visiting dignatories. Amongst the highlights are the Ladies Drawing Room, the Throne Room and St. Patricks Hall.
Reviewed 28 February 2012

very interesting history of Dublin. Large grand rooms (would have been nice to see some dressed rooms though) and the underground area was worth visiting.

1  Thank Polly-the-Scot
Write a ReviewReviews (4,032)

Reviewed 27 February 2012

To enter Dublin Castle you have to have a guided tour but its worth it. The tour guide was brilliant, giving you plenty of facts about the history of the castle & Dublin. The guide made the tour both interesting and entertaining and at only 4.50 euro per person its worth a visit.

1  Thank Jazybaby84
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is not really a castle now, more of a Palace, however it's still full of history and with a very friendly and knowledgeble guide we enjoyed our tour - thank you Joanna (?) Good value for money and the toilets are plentiful and free (not very common in Dublin!)

1  Thank RomanRemains
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just walk the grounds, cos the older parts are too small to concern yourself with. Go the Chester Beatty library on the grounds instead.

1  Thank Eldel21
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I visited Dublin Castle this week feeling it was something we should see while in Dublin.

I must confess that History is not my passion and I was a little unenthusiastic by the trip. However, it turned out to be one of the favourite places we visited!

Our guide was very well informed and gave just the right amount of information. She managed to teach me about the basics of Irish History without sending me to sleep! Like many, I was expecting a typical castle but was soon put right. I enjoyed looking at the state rooms and hearing about the dignitaries that had recently visited them.

I was surprised to see so many mixed reviews of Dublin Castle on here. I would say it was well worth a visit and a good whistle stop tour of Irish Independene.

2  Thank Dale P