All reviewsfamily roombus stopbaggot streetcity centrenight porterrestaurants and pubswithin walking distancelocation is greatstayed nightsdouble roomyogurtreceptionistucdensuiteratesballsbridge
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I am writing this review keeping in mind all those people who visit the beautiful city of Dublin for the first time. The hotels are expensive in Dyublin and this place comes as a whiff of fresh air. Very moderately price this place gives one of the best options to stay in the centre of the city, in a nice cosy room which is fully equipped and at a decent price. The breakfast served was great and freshly made and all the staff of the lodge greeted with a warm smile and a genuine concern to help.
I am heavily impressed with the place and strongly recommend it for short business stays.

Room Tip: Choose the modern rooms at the back. They are bigger and nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank ManuM2186
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I have been there for 2 nights with my girlfriend.
We had a double room nice and clean with private bathroom, that was perfect for 2 people.
In the morning they change bed linen and towels (it's up to you for the towels).
It's located in a great position, pretty close to the centre and different pub or places where eat, and if you want, you can choose to have a really good breakfast there in the morning at just 8 euros per person.

If you are looking for a nice, comfortable and cheap place where to stay in Dublin, Waterloo Lodge it's the right place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Estello1
waterloo_lodge, Guest Relations Manager at Waterloo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Dear Estello,

Thank you for writing a review that will be very helpful to other tourists considering Dublin. We really do appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best regrads, from Waterloo Lodge Team.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I stumbled across this great little guest house from another booking website and was so impressed that I stayed here for much of the time that I was working in Dublin.
Nice rooms, clean and tidy, and nice and warm in the winter.
Also great showers.
Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Fin2307,

Thank you for taking the time out to post your feedback regarding a recent stay with us, it would be our pleasure to have you stay again. Assuring you of our best attention at all times.
Kind regards,
Waterloo Lodge Team

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I stayed in Waterloo Lodge on a few occasions now on visits to Dublin and most recently I stayed for over a week while I was searching for long term accomodation. I had a wonderful welcoming stay here and cannot praise the staff highly enough. They are extremely efficient and helpful if you have any queries whatsoever. The location is great, in an affluent and safe part of Dublin, only ten minute walk into the city centre and with lovely restaurants, cafes and shops just a two minute walk up the road. The breakfast is very good quality and plentiful and offers table service which is an added bonus. The rooms are clean, spacious and warm. I would definitely recommend this b&b and would rate it very highly. Thanks to all the staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear lodie269,

Thank you very much for giving us such a positive review. We are delighted you had an enjoyable time at Waterloo Lodge and you enjoyed our breakfast offering. We really do appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,
Waterloo Lodge Team

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Stayed here night before UCD graduation. They have a family room with a queen bed and two singles. Rates were amazing. They have a great continental breakfast or hot breakfast menu. Porridge was excellent. Nice to have a kettle in the room. Staff was very pleasant!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family