2,752 results
All reviews temple bar buskers bar great location fleet street night life trinity college bars and restaurants central location noise from the street quiet room noisy at night light sleeper dublin castle grafton street earplugs brid nightlife
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Stayed here with my wife,,unfortunately only had the one night , but our stay was very pleasurable, staff were friendly and helpful @check-in and in the bar ,and breakfast next morning. The Hotel is very central , well situated to explore all that Dublin has to offer.

The double room was great, comfy bed,bathroom was fine, breakfast (the full Irish). Was as good as any I've had.

Room tip: Rear of hotel probably best, as Fleet St in middle of Temple Bar, always buzzing.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kennyboy777
TemplebarHotel, Director of Sales at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Hi Kennyboy777,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our new 4 star property again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

I stayed at this hotell in October 2015 and again in March this year. The room price last year was reasonable. To my dismay the room price for this visit was more than doubled! I was told that the reason was that Adele was in town for a concert.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bent H

Hi Bent,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and more importantly returning to the hotel again. Our rates do vary depending on what is happening in the city but to avail of the best available rates if you email reservations@tbh.ie .

We look forward to welcoming you back to our new 4 star property again.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

On a recent business trip to Dublin i was booked in to stay in this hotel for two nights, the person who booked it was not informed of the major refurbishment being done. It was explained at check in that the drilling and banging would be stopping at 6 pm .... so i went to my room at the back of the hotel and although small it was clean. The food in the bar area was nice. But the trouble started at approx 10pm with the work in the kitchen starting up ... banging knocking and drilling .... it never stopped i phoned reception three times to complain .. each time being told that it was stopping in 5 minutes, by 11.30 i had enough and asked to be moved to another room !!! Totally shattered and having moved to another hotel for the second night. What should have been a pleasant trip turned into a nightmare!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank FionaOC1970
TemplebarHotel, Director of Sales at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry to learn that you did not have a good experience with us. If I can ask you to email me directly I will be able to assist.
nicolanelson@tbh.ie

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant hotel. Friendly staff and right in the heart of the city! All the atmosphere of temple bar is just a 2 minute walk away! I would strongly recommend a visit. Dublin is a really lovely tourist city that is rich in culture and history.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 11stevie93

Hi Stevie93,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to our staff.

We hope to see you back in our newly refurbished 4 star property again real soon.

Nicola Nelson.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Made a mistake and booked this place instead of the Temple Bar Inn. The hotel was not forthcoming that it was under major renovation when we made our reservation. We had to step over tile being laid and cables being installed in the lobby when we entered. The sink did not drain at all, phone would not work reliably and the speakers on the small TV buzzed often even though the volume is way down. We were told at check-in there would be no work after 6 PM. At about 10:15 PM the hammer drills started taking down a wall in the kitchen. We called the front desk and told them the noise was preventing us from sleeping. They said they had received many complaints and would stop within minutes. After 45 minutes I went into the kitchen to find the hotel manager overseeing the work and the kitchen was in total disarray with plumbing scattered about, equipment ripped out and the workers still hammering away at the wall. The occupants across the hall said they had been relocated twice and were at their wits end. The lady at the front desk said the workers had to work to earn their living. The hotel manager said they had to get the work done and would have to work all night. After a few minutes he said they only needed another hour and he wanted to make amends, but had nothing to offer us but a couple of drinks from the bar which we declined. Hammering and drilling stopped but we could hear workers talking in the alley, doors opening and closing, car alarms going off and materials being moved in and out for several hours into the night.
The next morning the lady’s across the hall said they were awoken at 6:15 AM when the drilling started up again. The hotel had given them their breakfast at no charge for the inconvenience. They were so glad to be departing that day. At around 10:30 PM the drilling started again. Called the front desk and they said the work would stop after another 5 minutes due to the high volume of complaints. At 11:15 the workers are still hauling in materials and hauling out heavy kitchen equipment. Maybe this place will be nice in the future but I would avoid it for the next few months as the hotel is so insensitive to its guests needs and refuses to restrict the work to normal working hours.

2  Thank David G

Hi David G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. If you want to email me directly nicolanelson@tbh.ie I cann look after the above complaint.