2,752 results
All reviews temple bar buskers bar great location fleet street night life trinity college bars and restaurants central location noise from the street quiet room noisy at night light sleeper dublin castle grafton street earplugs brid nightlife
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night with some friends, whilst it is in a great location, the hotel itself is basic. The reception staff are helpful and friendly but... On entering our room the smell of stale smoke was utterly disgusting. We requested a move, and were accommodated, to a much smaller poky room, Although this shouldn't have happened in the first instance

Also we found the room quite cold and when we went to look for extra blanket (standard in all hotels) there were none !

All in all, we were glad it was just a one night stay, and definitely wouldn't recommended or return.

PS Avoid eating in the adjoining bar, undercooked breakfast and terrible staff who clearly wish to be else where!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cind05
TemplebarHotel, Director of Sales at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Good Afternoon Cind05,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Can I ask you to email me directly so I can look after the above.

At present we are refurbishing the hotel, that does not excuse us for no blankets or an extra duvet. The standards that you received in the bar is also not our usual standards.

I look forward to receiving your email.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

This is not a positive review; however, the staff was extremely kind and understanding. Our first room smelled of smoke as did the second, the third's bathroom sink did not drain, and the fourth was freezing cold but we stayed because it was the least bad of the 4. The excuse for the smell and the noise is that the hotel is doing renovations, however, they probably should have just closed the whole hotel and performed the renovations quicker. I know the renovations will certainly make this hotel nice and modern, but with the current state of the rooms it makes me question how long the renovated rooms will remain nice. I still wouldn't stay here again because the hotel was able to get in an extremely dilapidated state (stained furniture, rock hard crater like beds, smelly rooms, stained sheets, stained drapes, cold rooms, electric pants presses that were falling off the wall, towel 'warmer' that had certainly seen better days, moldy caulk in the shower, trim pieces that were never cut to the correct length, ... I could go on). The staff should be held responsible for bringing these issues to the management's attention so they will be fixed. I feel bad for the maids, receptionists, and other staff members that have had to deal with a management that has taken so long to make improvements to the hotel. Maybe the renovation will make it so that the interior card sensor isn't connected to the heat, leaving the guests to come back to a cold room. I have no idea how trip advisor ranked this as a 3 star hotel maybe they accidentally categorized it as a hostel.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cartkid08
TemplebarHotel, Director of Sales at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Hi Cartkid08,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us. Can you send me a mail please to nicolanelson@tbh.ie and I will speak with you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

This hotel is in a great location right in the temple bar area, you have all the pubs and restaurants within a 2 minute walk from the hotel so great if this is what you want. The hotel is slightly tired looking but is undergoing a refurb and the refurb pictures look great and i will definitely re visit when this is all done.

When we arrived the hotel staff were really friendly - Brid especially, who gave us 2 free prosecco vouchers and congratulated us on our engagement and when we got into our room there were rose petals and a specially note from the hotel which was a really nice touch.

The refurb is slightly noisy but it does mention this on the site before you book and it can be noisy late at night but you are in the temple bar area so this is too be expected. The TV didn't work very well but we wasn't in our room very long so i didn't affect us.

I would definitely stay again and i loved our trip to Dublin. Lots of places to eat and drink and I've never experienced atmosphere like it in temple bar. We also visited the Guinness factory which is well worth a visit.

Overall, great place! Really enjoyed it!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie H

Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking the to review our Hotel. I will ensure that your kind words are passed onto Brid.

We are delighted that you choose our hotel to celebrate your engagement.

We are as you know refurbishing and we hope that you will come back to the hotel again once we have finished the refurbishment.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Lets start with the positive, good location, fruiendly staff and breakfast is good.
The big negative is the renovation going on, whilst i knew about this the warning was they only start at 10 am, i can not stress enough, they actually start at 7am, being woken by drilling in the room directly above is not pleasent. So if you want a rstfull mormig avoid at least for the next few months, looking at the status of the room and corridors where i was they still have a lot to do
The other issue was when i got to my rom, the heating was off and windows wide open, Dublin in February is cool to say the least, the staff did promptly bring an additional heater but it took a while to get the room to a temperature i could take my coat off. It is a sign of poor guest consideration that rooms should be chcked as ready before allowing guests to enter

Room tip: None at the moment
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Mark H

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Can you send me an email directly to nicolanelson@tbh.ie and I will look after the above.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

Have stayed here a number of times. The location is the best thing about this hotel. The room was very tired. The TV was faulty as the sound kept distorting and picture quality was like the antenna had fell off the roof. I mentioned it to reception with no apparent action. Furniture in "deluxe room" very drab and dated. My room was on the front of hotel and 1st floor. Be prepared for noise from the street most of night. They supply earplugs!!! This hotel needs to be seriously updated. The bar "buskers" is great and reflects a big cash injection. Breakfast nice. Staff good.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Mike - Jayne L

Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. At the present moment we are currently refurbishing the hotel to a 4 star standard.

I do apologise that no further action was taken. I have passed your comments on to our General Manager. If you wish to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will ensure that you get a nee upgraded room. My email is nicolanelson@tbh.ie