“Nice Hotel Good Location”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #38 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Norfolk, Virginia
“Nice Hotel Good Location”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 2/23 to 2/28. It is in a good location, but it gets very noisy at night with a lot of bars on the street. The rooms were very clean and in newer order. I shared a twin room and we had plenty of room for all our things. Good hot water and water pressure. If you book a room hear ask for a room on a higher floor in the rear. We were on the 4th floor front, which was noisy at night. We had the full Irish breakfast each morning for 9 euros. It was very filling. I ate a couple of times in the Bruskers bar that is attached to the hotel. The food was OK, basic bar food. I would stay here again for its central location.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor and towards the back of the hotel to avoid the street noise and bar...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cindyloyd45
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear CindyLoyd45,

Thank you for your review above. I’m glad to hear you were happy with the standard of the bedrooms and that you noticed the new developments we made with them. It’s great to hear also that you went to Buskers for lunch and enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

We look forward to seeing you again Cindy.

Warm regards,

Temple Bar Hotel, Dubin's Most Centrally Located Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Age 28-35Stayed here for one night,found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful.The location is perfect you couldnt be more central.Great bar,slept like a baby had no problems with noise.Myself and my Wife will be staying again :)

1 Thank Cannon83
Dear Cannon83,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write the above review. I’m delighted to hear your great feedback with regards to our friendly staff, the hotel facilities and that you slept like a baby!

We look forward to seeing you and your wife again in the future.

Kind regards,

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was disappointed that I filled out a card to have breakfast brought to my room and it was never picked up from outside my door which meant I spent half an hour waiting for my breakfast when it wasn't even coming. I had to phone reception and then wait another half hour for it by which time I had to rush and got to eat very little because I was going to be late for class. Granted I was only charged half price for this but it was my birthday and really put me in a bad mood for the day. I wont be staying there again.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irene F
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Irene F,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am disappointed to hear that your card was never collected. Had you put the card out on time? Breakfast requests must be made before 03.00am on the previous night. Nevertheless, I will certainly discuss this issue with the Front Desk Manager to make sure that this incident does not happen again. I am pleased to hear that you received a 50% discount on your breakfast as an apology for the mix up.

Kindest regards,
Guy Thompson.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The rooms were quite small and only had double beds, but the ambience and location in this part of Dublin made up for it all. We visited on st Patrick's day and it's an experience we will never forget.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up if you like quiet as during the time we were there lots of partying amongst...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carroll92
Dear Carroll92,

Thank you for your review on the hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us last St. Patrick’s day! We do offer king, twin and triple rooms as well so please request if you are staying with us again.I must agree that the atmosphere in the Temple Bar area is great and especially at that time of year. The holiday is coming up again soon so hopefully we might see you again to celebrate it!

Warm regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at your hotel on the 20th March, to be honest it was the worst night’s sleep I have ever had in my life ( and I travel a lot)

There are 3 main points .

1. First of all, I felt cheated, I booked and paid for a double bed, the double bed was 2 cheap worn out single beds with a double sheet over them.
2. The mattresses were completely worn out, when I got into bed, I just sunk down leaving the hard rim of the mattress around me which was very uncomfortable, these mattresses were a disgrace and should be binned, my back was aching and had little sleep that night ( thank god it was only one night)
3. I reported this to the duty manager , while very courteous and sympathised with my complaint, the only position on offer was that if I returned she would sort me out, I still had to pay for the room with no offer of reduction.
Having said all this the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the hotel was in a great location.

I bet if I returned in 6 months those mattresses will still be there!!

Room Tip: i stayed in 418, unless it has new mattresses , insist on another
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank steve b
Dear Steve B,

Thank you for your review and for bringing your concerns about the hotel to my attention. I will check the mattress in that room this morning and address the issue as a matter of urgency.

I am glad to hear that you were impressed with the level of service and friendliness you received from our staff.

Kind regards,