2,696 results
All reviews city centre aviva stadium dart station lovely hotel bar food single bed bus stop dublin airport bewleys rds ballsbridge masons euro aircoach ireland concert duvet
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Excellent staff, very welcoming, great food, excellent bar, rooms really cosy with fresh towels and tea/coffee facilities, will definitely go back there, got the train into city centre was very easy 2 euros 40 best price and quickest was in.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anitaU4846KO
JasonBullman, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear anitaU4846KO,

Many thanks for reviewing your stay with us.

I am delighted that you found that our hotel suited your needs.

I personally would agree that the train is the best method of gaining access to the City Centre from the hotel, as Sandymount station is approximately a 4 minute walk from our front door and it avoids traffic!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel at some point in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed 9 June 2018

With a bus stop with lines into city center (about a 10-minute ride) right at its front door, the Clayton is a great choice for folks interested in staying in a nice hotel but not wanting to pay those lofty city-center prices.

And it's a pretty impressive hotel, being housed in a 19th-century Masonic school. It is a commanding presence in Ballsbridge.

The rooms are clean and well-maintained, though a tad worn in spots. The bed in ours was wonderful -- firm and spacious. It was a few nights of great sleep.

And the staff were very welcoming, accommodating, and efficient.

Didn't get a chance to try the restaurant on-site -- we opted for some solid neighborhood recommendations from hotel staff instead -- but would certainly give it a go if we were to stay there again.

And I could certainly see that happening. It's a good spot.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pporpedro

Dear pporperdro,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us.

Having read through your feedback, I would like to thank you for your kind words.

It will mean a lot to our team to know that you left happy and they contributed to this.

I hope as you mentioned that you return in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, found the hotel and the surrounding area to be very nice. The reception and bar staff were all very friendly. I did find the renovation work quite obtrusive, but there’s not much the hotel can do about that at the moment. Little bit disappointed that the hotel bar closed at 12am even for guests. All in all a nice hotel in a lovely area, at a reasonable price.
One thing though if using the car park, drive slowly! It’s very tight!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
JasonBullman, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear julesoBelfast,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay.

Overall, very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm sorry about your issue with the bar, I'm not sure exactly when you stayed but ordinarily the bar would be open later, I will speak to my colleagues about this.

I hope you return to us again and we look forward to welcoming you.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My husband and I were delayed in leaving Dublin because of a lost back pack that contained a passport. Needless to say we were very distressed upon arrival at the hotel. We didn't have a room and explained our circumstances and were given the best rate available. Imelda greeted us and was very helpful in steps to take to try and locate the backpack. We thought it would be a lost cause but did go to the police station and it was located. She helped us get toiletries for the evening stay as we had only intended on making this a day trip and then was able to book us in a hotel near the airport for the next evening. The rooms were wonderful. Even with the craziness of the day we slept well. The staff was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terri C

Dear Terri C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to see that Imelda was able to assist you and that her efforts helped you to get your possessions back.

I hope that you had a brilliant time in Ireland and that you can return to us in the future.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This traditional hotel with modern amenities is a great value and is centrally located near several key areas of Dublin. Walk to the stadium, brunch, pubs and several high-end restaurants like Chop House. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
JasonBullman, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Adam Y,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our location suited your needs. We are in an ideal location for those who want easy access to the city centre, and also as you mentioned for the stadium.

The staff here will be delighted to read your kind words and thank you for this on their behalf.

I would love to see you back with us again.

All the best,