2,749 results
All reviews city centre aviva stadium lovely hotel dart station bar food bus stop double bed dublin airport bewleys rds ballsbridge masons euro aircoach ireland concert rugby
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

My partner and I travelled to Dublin for a two night stay to see a concert at the 3 arena.

We loved the look of the hotel and the reviews were great so we went ahead and booked to stay at the Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge.

The hotel is located in the financial district of Dublin and is about 25 minutes walk from the centre of Dublin. The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful with advice about the city and transport.

The hotel was lovely and looked far better than the pictures we had seen. We stayed in an executive king size room and we were very impressed.

The restaurant and bar had great selections and were reasonably priced. A very nice hotel and would defiantly stay here again next time we travel to Dublin.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hello Mark,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I was happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. It always gives the team a great boost in morale to hear feedback on their efforts. I can assure you that the team here work extremely hard to provide high standards of service, so I know they will be honoured to read such glowing feedback on their efforts

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Friendly staff, especially Imelda on the front desk, who was chatting to our children and very welcoming. The bar staff were very accommodating to our large group. The breakfast was great. Good location for Aviva.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hello TEW1977,

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at the hotel attending a wedding in the same location. The rooms are located in an old building and are not too big, we were there with 2 adults and 2 kids. We stayed in a family room and received a baby crib. The room was then quite full considering we still had 2 strollers to fit. But the building is old and sizes cannot be changed easily. The rooms are in good shape and condition.
The personell is really friendly and helpful, the breakfast is good but offers the same every day. The hotel bar and restaurant (basement) for the night are more than OK (2/3 course menu and price wise), although we looked for some different locations to dine due to the fact we stayed there 5 nights, but there are no pubs right outside, you either have to walk towards the city for about 10 minutes or the opposite direction for 15-20 minutes. The suburb is full of embassies, so nothing much to expect and see, a Tesco supermarket is about 15-20 minutes walk away.
All in all we enjoyed the stay, the hotel has 4 stars but there are no special amenities (like Sauna, gym or pool). Across the street is the intercontinental hotel, which maybe an option for food when staying longer. A bus stop for the airport bus is right in front of the hotel, so perfect to get to and from the airport. Thank you for giving us a good time in Dublin.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello dbseinfeld,

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently. Staff at reception were not friendly to be on a front desk. Room was dated - old feel , no plugs near bed . Room was clean windows could of done with a wash. No water left in bedroom expected better of a Clayton hotel . Ok for business but would of been disappointed if I was there for leisure. Breakfast was good.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello 2014CC,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I was happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am very disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered during your stay.
We take great pride in the quality of our service, and it is naturally very disheartening to know that we have not managed to exceed your expectations. I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the poor level of service that you experienced, which was most certainly not of the standard to which we strive to achieve. I have forwarded your concerns to the Management Team, who will investigate this matter further. We are undergoing a refurbishment in 2018. Please contact us directly to provide further feedback.
Please accept our deepest apology I very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Friendly service, tasty brekky and the room was what you’d expect but a bit of wear and tear here and there, dirty carpet in the room and the restaurant area lack windows which I found depressing. On the plus side, good stirdy bed, quiet room and friendly service.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello sakarika,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I was happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay, however, I was very disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered with the decor during your stay.
We take great pride in the quality of our service, and it is very pleasing to know that we have managed to exceed your expectations. I have forwarded your feedback to the Management Team. Please contact us directly to provide further feedback on marketingbb@claytonhotels.com