“Overnight stay, dinner and early morning flight.”

Ranked #65 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Joseph Kendrick, Beverage manager was superb. Sorted us out for an early dinner when the hotel was incredibly busy. We had a very early start and appreciated his efficient, courteous help. He brought us to a table, cleared it and requested a waitress to serve us quickly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,448)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I stayed a couple of times at the Clayton Ballsbridge. Main downside is that it's a little bit out of the way but it's compensated by the overall charm of the hotel. Rooms are comfortable and the restaurant offers good options. Service can be a little bit slow though.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hello Helene,

I have forwarded your feedback on the service to the Management Team and we apologise for this as we take great pride in our service standards.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The location is not central in Dublin city, but in a residential area, near most of the Embassies. The rooms are large and well decorated. The restaurant of the hotel and the bar have very good quality food and any type of drinks. The breakfast is excellent in variety and service. The building used to be a masonic mansion and it is very nicely preserved.
The only problem I found was that it doesn't have air conditioned, and the central heating system, by radiators, heats too much when open and when closed the room gets too cold. It was impossible to find a middle temperature.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Martha,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I am very disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered during your stay.
We take great pride in the quality of our service, and it is naturally very disheartening to know that we have not managed to exceed your expectations. I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the poor level of service that you experienced, which was most certainly not of the standard to which we strive to achieve. I have forwarded your concerns to the Management Team, who will investigate this matter further.

Please accept our deepest apology I very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

While staying in the Clayton Hotel, I received exceptional service from Darren and Jamie who looked after my family and I when we visited Tom's Bar for our evening meal. What really stood out for me, their fantastic customer service and attention to the small detail. Such friendly and genuin characters, which made our whole experience perfect. Please pass on my positive feedback and ensure their team leaders are made aware of the exceptional service they are providing.

Kind regards

Stephen Missett

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hello Stephen,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I was happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. It always gives the team a great boost in morale to hear feedback on their efforts. I can assure you that the team here work extremely hard to provide high standards of service, so I know Darren Jamie will be honoured to read such glowing feedback on their efforts
I have forwarded your feedback to the Management Team.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Came into Dublin to start our trip down and around The Great Atlantic Way the next day.

We wanted a place that gave us a true taste of Irish hospitality. We got it

Rooms are roomy. Beds comfortable. The grounds are very nice and well kept.

The place uses a very dark wood inside giving it rich and warm feel.

Very easy to park in their garage.

If you are just traveling, you may well feel under dressed. We visited on a weekend and clearly a wedding was going on.

Incredibly well dressed w women in fascintors and guys in ties.

Close to everything.

And a great plus, it's right next to a hop on hop off tour bus and the hotel sells a voucher where you buy it then the bus driver prints your ticket.

And the hotel is gorgeous.

You can make your friends jealous. ;)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eric S
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hello Eric,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I was happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. It always gives the team a great boost in morale to hear feedback on their efforts. I can assure you that the team here work extremely hard to provide high standards of service, so I know they will be honoured to read such glowing feedback on their efforts
I have forwarded your feedback to the Management Team.