“A very pleasant stay.”

Ranked #65 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Room great ,everything I needed . Staff excellent. Food : great breakfasts ,and dinner was excellent .The staff are most pleasant and friendly.
Of course I would recommend this hotel ,I have been staying there for yrs under several different owners.

Room Tip: Ask for quiter rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Hello Ann,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I was happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. It always gives the team a great boost in morale to hear feedback on their efforts. I can assure you that the team here work extremely hard to provide high standards of service, so I know they will be honoured to read such glowing feedback on their efforts
I have forwarded your feedback to the Management Team.
I very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Warmest regards,

Laura Mangan,
Brand Ambassador,
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge

Write a ReviewReviews (2,447)

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We have just hosted our family and friends for our daughters christening and had a wonderful experience. Abbie effortlessly organised our event and everything from the food to the area we were seated in to the way we were looked after was second to none. From our initial enquiry as to availability right through to cutting the christening cake the staff took all the stress out of day for us and we had nothing to worry about.
We opted for a BBQ and the food was amazing. Our guests were all well fed and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the day. Throughout the meal Aidas, Emiliano and Thomas went out of their way to make sure we all had everything we needed - not easy when there were a number of high spirited children in our party! We had hoped to have our meal outdoors but the Irish weather had other ideas. Once the rain set in the staff had tables set up for us indoors with no disruption to the event at all.
Thanks all for making our experience a truly memorable one!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Hello Janef78,

I have forwarded your feedback to the Management Team.

Warmest regards,

Laura Mangan,
Brand Ambassador,

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This was a very old hotel but maintained very well. It offer free wifi. The rooms were large and the bath room ok. We had breakfast and it was good. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. the down town is a good 10 minute walk to the down town. The hotel has a restaurant and bar.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ClaytonBallsbridge, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to share your glowing feedback, and thank you for choosing Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge for your recent visit to Dublin. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon!
Have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Stephen O'Sullivan
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Had the pleasure of staying here while working at the RDS recently. My room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. We had dinner that night in the restaurant and it was delicious. Breakfast was high point of my stay, excellent choice of everything with a pancake maker and freshly made smoothies! As this hotel was paid through work i cannot comment on the value for money. However, I would also like to thank you for the chocolates and personal note in my room, it was a nice little welcome that was very much appreciated.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
ClaytonBallsbridge, Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Sinead,

Thank you for choosing Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge for your recent trip to Dublin and thank you for offering us your fantastic feedback. We take great pride in our guest positive reviews. I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay here with us, and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Your stay is so important to us.
Warm Regards,
Renata Bencsik

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed here for one night when travelling around Ireland. To say the check-in staff was less than enthusiastic is an understatement - he did not speak clear English and did not offer any information as to parking, hotel facilities (we wanted to eat), check-out time etc.

The breakfast was good and lovely traditional Irish breakfast. The rooms were fine although overall the hotel is a little tired and dated.

I think you are paying for the location and it is a shame that the service is not up to the standard of surrounding hotels of this level. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
ClaytonBallsbridge, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Tmec12,

First of all let me thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and taking your time to provide us feedback.
I am so disappointed to note that you did not thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I would love to have the opportunity to further discuss this with you.
May I kindly ask you to contact me on rbencsik@claytonhotels.com with your contact details so I can trace your booking to see when did you stay with us and to personally call you at your convenience.
Many thanks again and I hope to hearing from you soon.
Warm Regards,