“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #65 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Excellent hotel in great location easy 20 minute walk or just use the DART to get into town, staff friendly and helpful and very knowledgable,room spacious and clean, food very good would recommend to all

Room Tip: Use dart to get into town
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ClaytonBallsbridge, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic review, and thank you for choosing Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge for your recent visit to Dublin. We take great pride in our guests positive reviews, and I am sure the staff will be delighted to read yours.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,450)

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Good room with good bed and no noise. Some excellent staff but one or two need to shape up; they let down their colleagues. Spacious bar and lounge area to relax, read or work on the lower floor. Near public transport for city centre. Safe neighbourhood and next door to the RDS.
Very good value early bird menu food in restaurant.
It is a pity there is no free car parking. €12 per night leaves a bad taste.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if that is what you want. Early Bird menu is best value good food in this part...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank speed99
ClaytonBallsbridge, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Speed99,

Thank you for choosing Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge for your recent trip to Dublin, and thank you for offering us your fantastic feedback. We take great pride in our guest positive reviews. I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay here with us, and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed in July 2014. We were very happy with the hotel, easy parking, cozy room, everything very clean, the building facade is beautiful and had a good meal at the downstairs restaurant. We would stay here again. Tesco within walking distance and we also walked to the city centre. A few good restaurants are also within walking distance. We hold very fond memories of our visit to Dublin.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Myspurrfect,

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. My room was spacious and clean, and staff was incredibly helpful and receptive. I had a great breakfast from the coffee bar, and the young woman working in the coffee bar was beyond sweet.I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone staying in Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Hello Mariah,

I would firstly like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge recently. I was happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. It always gives the team a great boost in morale to hear feedback on their efforts. I can assure you that the team here work extremely hard to provide high standards of service, so I know they will be honoured to read such glowing feedback on their efforts
I have forwarded your feedback to the Management Team.
I very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Warmest regards,

Laura Mangan,
Brand Ambassador,

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The hotel is a historic building the is quite lovely. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant. We were a group of thirteen extended family members. The breakfast bar had many choices and was very good. Everything was fresh and well prepared. We paid for the breakfast to be included but on our last day had to leave before breakfast so they packed a nice breakfast for each of us to take along. The rooms were clean and comfortable. My only criticism is the location is quite a distance from the main part of town and the bus stops coming by at 5:00 so we had to take a taxi back from town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ClaytonBallsbridge, Brand Ambassador at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hello californiahistorian,

I have forwarded your feedback to the Management Team. The no 4 and no 7 Dublin Bus operate until 11pm daily, as does the DART, so it was unfortunate that this was the case when you were visiting.

Warmest regards,