2,226 results
All reviews charlemont place city centre tram stop nice hotel st stephens green grafton street minute walk grand canal luas line deluxe room quiet location early check breakfast was excellent hotel bar trinity college stops ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed at this property for a week while in Dublin on business. My colleague asked to move rooms as there were renovations on the second floor and the area smelled like paint. This request was accommodated. Staff were very helpful (I needed to buy some eye drops but the pharmacies were closed, staff provide me some, free of charge). It was great working and finding downtime after work. A great pub next to the hotel (the Barge), a quick walk to Camden Street area, and a tram stop practically outside the door. The canal is across the road for a nice walk or bicycle ride (which can be rented outside the hotel). The breakfast is good, but can get busy on the weekend after 9am.

Room Tip: For quieter rooms as for an exterior room, the rooms facing inward can be noisy if an event is taking place at the ballrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
General_Manager_HD, General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Shawn G,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin, it is highly appreciated.

We do apologize for the inconvenience with regards to the smell of paint in the new room. Sometimes we need to undergo improvements to ensure a high level of comfort for our guests. We are pleased that our staff has come with a solution and changed the room for your colleague.
We are delighted that our staff and the hotel location were to your satisfaction. You are right in saying that the tram stop is just outside the hotel which offers easy and quick access to the city centre.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

M partner and I stayed here over the Easter period. The office/reception manager was very kind and allowed us to have early check in for free - we arrived around 09:00 (we had been up since 02:30 travelling) which was super kind of him. He also went above and beyond and brought me a load of towels to go away with on my tour to the Wicklow Mountain as it was very rainy and muddy!

We stayed in 428 - a very quiet room - our room looked out on the tram line however, as we were on the fourth floor we did not have any noise pollution from this. The room was clean and tidy and the hotel was very nice.

The Charlemont tram stop was literally on the door step of the hotel which took us absolutely everywhere. I recommend this hotel highly and would most certainly stay again.

Room Tip: 428 - Fourth floor is very quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura Alice D,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

I am delighted that you found our hotel to your liking, our staff, service and hotel's location in particular as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective.

It is always good to receive complimentary feedback and I shall be sure to share your opinions with the Team. In the hotel business we are fortunate to receive a substantial amount of feedback on our services and we would always hope that positive recommendation, such as yours, to be the largest proportion.

Meanwhile, we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again, during your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Started an Irish weekend away staying here. The room was very clean, comfortable and well laid out and the hotel is in a good location making it easy to access the sites of Dublin either by tram or walking. Plenty of underground parking for those with rentals. Check in and check out was efficient and the staff extremely friendly. Nice bar too with a big screen for sporting events.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
General_Manager_HD, General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear GerryK1964,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us via TripAdvisor. It is great to read that all aspects of your stay pleased you.
We are delighted that the hotel's room and outlets were to your satisfaction. It is also great to learn that our staff and service met your expectations as we always strive for an excellent customer service.
You are right in saying that we are in a convenient location with easy access to the city centre by tram or walking.

Thank you again for sharing your positive feedback with us. Your kind comments will be shared with our team.

Meanwhile we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’d like to start my review with one of the most important elements a review should highlight, and that’s the staff. Nothing but warm, friendly and helpful. As a diamond member I was upgraded with no hassle and received all my perks as I would fully expect. Housekeeping are quick and efficient too, and the rooms are kept wonderfully clean. Each floor has treats such as cookies or doughnuts by the elevators which is a naughty but thoroughly welcome treat! The hotel is literally 10 seconds walk from the nearest Luas station(tram). The downside to the tram is that it can take between 10-20 minutes to arrive, but it’s fabulously cheap and efficient. A great alternative to taxis, which are sickeningly expensive. It is 2 stops, approx 6 mins from St Stephens Green which is the centre of Dublin. Overall, taking into account travel, proximity and quality, this is a great property and I can’t fault it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nav K,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review here on Trip Advisor community. Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are delighted to learn of your experience at our hotel, the staff interaction and room cleanliness in particular. We always strive to provide a high standard customer service and it is always satisfactory to receive positive feedback.
We are also pleased that you have enjoyed our treats in the lobby and lift areas.
In relation to the tram and waiting time, usually on weekends or Bank Holidays the trams have a limited timetable, otherwise during the week they are running every 5-8 minutes.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My only real gripe here was the location of my room, on two levels. The first - my room on the first floor (or, one level up from the lobby) was thisclose to the passing commuter train. Out the window, I could easily see (and vice versa) passengers on the train. This was obviously problematic from a privacy perspective, but also incredibly noisy at all hours - so, ask for a room that isn't right next to the train tracks. Secondly, a sign clearly noted that construction was to begin at 9am each morning, except that I was woken just after 7am on one morning. All that said, I would still choose to stay here again; great location in Dublin and the breakfast in the hotel was terrific. I also very much appreciated the water jugs and snacks just outside the elevators (might be for Hilton Honors only). The lobby was lovely, and the front desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful the two times I needed a taxi ASAP (I think the idea is to book in advance if you can). I can see that others weren't as pleased, but I had an overall very good experience and would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear NYerJo,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback in relation to your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

We were disappointed to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We are sorry that you did not enjoy the room allocated to you and that it did not live up to your expectations. I can only apologise for the noise you experienced during your stay. As you highlighted in your review our Front Desk team can assign upon request and based on availability a room away from the Luas line.
With regards to the construction noise, we have finished our renovation works last Friday and builders always respected the schedule highlighted on the note. However there is a construction site next door which has a different work schedule. While we are doing our best to minimize the noise levels, the works next door are out of our control.
On the plus side we are pleased that our extensive breakfast, the flavoured water and snacks in the lobby and our staff were you your satisfaction.
Again, accept our apologies for not fully meeting your expectations. We hope we will have the opportunity of being to your service in the near future.

Kind Regards,