“Excellent venue for a 40th Birthday Party”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #53 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent venue for a 40th Birthday Party”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I had my 40th Birthday Party at this hotel. I have to say that the venue was perfect. The staff were amazing, they were so nice, and so helpful and made me feel very special. I have been to this hotel on many other occasions for dinner and have always found it to be superb. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Louise C, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Lisa S,

I am delighted to see that you had such a wonderful visit to the Hilton Dublin. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we hope to see you back in our hotel again in the future.

Louise Coyne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Very convenient hotel in a peaceful canalside location, away from hustle and bustle of city but right next to luas tram stop that takes you to St Stephens Green in the centre. Aircoach airport bus stops quite nearby, although not directly outside, and you can walk along the canal on a path to reach the hotel. Typical Hilton hotel.. lots of American guests who appeared to be exploring their Irish heritage and buying Trinity College/shamrock t-shirts to match! Breakfast at weekends is served until midday which was great and there was loads of choice with some Irish touches too (white pudding, scones, soda bread etc.). Very enjoyable stay and we would come back!

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

In my previous job I was fortunate to travel within Europe, North America and parts of the UAE. I stayed at many hotels including the Hilton.
Several years later, a family and a different job this is the first time my Wife and I have gone away for a leisurely weekend break, based on my experience the Hilton seemed a great choice of hotel.
The Hilton Dublin based at Charlemont is in a good location and around 10 minutes walk from the City Centre, there is a 'luas' tram stop just outside the hotel.
The hotel staff are courteous and helpful, however, I didn't feel I was staying at a Hilton Hotel. The rooms are clean but very bland, the TV service is antiquated, the mini-bar was faulty and their are no draws in the room to keep your clothes.
The hilton website claims this hotel has a Business Center, however, this is not true. I needed access to a computer and a printer to print e-tickets, fortunately, the friendly concierge allowed us to use their computer.
We dined at the 'Uisce Restaurant' - the food quality was average at best and not worth the money.
I would stay at a Hilton hotel again just not this one.

Louise C, Hotel Admin at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear ozztec 123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed to learn that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed. I do hope you will consider returning in the future and you are most welcome.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the City Centre, either on foot or via the Luas Tram service. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good but we preferred to dine in the city rather than in the hotel.

Dear Arthurgree51,

Many thanks for your recent review, it is great to see you had an enjoyable visit. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Gaillimh, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I found the service in this hotel to be very good. The rooms were a good size, very clean, comfortable and it had all of the amenities that we needed. The staff were also very friendly and provided a very good service. I also loved the use of the Irish language in signage. I enjoyed my stay and I will defiantly recommend it to my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Brid N,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.