1,600 results
All reviews jacuzzi bath dvd player selection of dvds executive suite infrared sauna city centre secure parking tea and biscuits full irish breakfast aviva stadium minute walk small hotel single room nespresso machine bus stop right quiet neighborhood within walking distance
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had a difficult time finding a hotel room for the four of us. However Roxford Lodge was perfect for us.
Our room was amazing. It was roomy for the four adults, less than a mile from Dublin city center, and a parking lot located to the rear of the property.
The check in was prompt, the staff was very attentive, accommodating and helpful.
It made our first few days in Dublin an easy adjustment and enjoyable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kunzkrew
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We only stayed one night at the Roxford Lodge but had a great time. The hotel is in an old building so rooms are not as uniform and regular as in a modern hotel, but we liked this and the very helpful and friendly staff we interacted with—especially Shannon. The continental breakfast for 6 Euros was far superior to the usual fare in quality, variety and quantity. The hotel also has secure parking at the rear. It is close to some suprisingly good restaurants in the Ballsbirdge/Beggars Bush area about five minutes walk away.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jani W
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great location 15-20 min walk to the city center. Buses stop just outside the house. Aircoach very close. Rooms were clean and had nice interior. Staff where very nice and helpful. Quiet during the night although I had a room facing the mailn road.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The lodge was perfect for our night in Dublin! Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very delicious. Shannon at the front desk was so helpful pointing out wonderful restaurants and pubs that we would could go to on our way to a concert at 3Arena. They have private parking which was very helpful! I would highly recommend the Roxford Lodge!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pdkmurphy
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Had a single room for 95euro per night. Definitely felt like a second class citizen in this “luxury boutique” hotel. My tiny room had a brick wall for a view and was very loud thanks to construction outside and the echoing tiny hallway.

I appreciated the overload of appliances available (though I only used the fridge, tv and the kettle)

The bathroom fittings seemed new though shower had minor malfunctions (intermittently leaking head, stuck drain plug)

When I arrived, I found the bathroom and bed had several hairs therein (long ones clearly not mine). This was not the end of the world but I was treated with dismissive cold politeness and informed my room was economy (which I am led to believe means it doesn’t deserve servicing??). I asked for a cleaning. Bedding was not changed and long black hairs in bathroom were not removed. I mentioned this the next morning and the desk clerk (after firmly informing me that ‘bedding is not changed on the first night) brought the manager/owner down to my room to examine it. Manager removed one long hair (as evidence??) and my room was cleaned thoroughly thereafter.

I am not a bleaching clean freak. Though I prefer a room to be well attended when I’m paying for it.

My primary concern is that, although I was polite and calm at all junctures, I was made to feel ashamed and disbelieved for bringing valid situations to the attention of the staff.

My conclusion is that the economy basement rooms are VERY overpriced and the staff are too posh to pay any kindness to lowly economy guests.

if I could have been refunded I would have left immediately. As it was, I wasn’t even offered a pittance upon checking out.

My low review is based on staff attendance, the above interactions, and the price of the tiny basement room.

Maybe the upstairs is a magical kingdom but I will never return to find out.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank rovinlad
Des K, Manager at Roxford Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for your review.

We regret that your visit fell short of your expectations. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the negative experience during your stay. I can assure you that this is far from the standards and service we aspire to and I regret that we failed on this occasion.

At the Roxford Lodge Hotel, we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience for all of our guests as it can be seen on the vast majority of our reviews , so I am really disappointed that your stay did not reflect this. Please rest assured that we will address the issues outlined in your review as a matter of urgency, in particular, to the issue of our customer service, as we always strive to deliver excellent customer service to all of our customers.

Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding your overall experience.

I hope that you do return to us and give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us at a future date.

Kind regards,