All reviews talbot street celt pub full irish breakfast bar next door no elevator live music every night tesco express irish music rooms are small excellent location within walking distance every evening central location minute walk to temple bar breakfast staff breakfast included guest house
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Yes this place is tiny and there is no elevator (2 floors), but we were glad we stayed because the location was great and any other hotel in that location is WAY more expensive. We were able to walk everywhere in the city!! Including the Temple Bar area. If you're looking for a glamorous room, this isn't for you. But it's clean, the staff is friendly, and you have a bed and a bathroom, what more do you need!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We loved the location of the hotel. Besides being convenient to most of the attractions that we wanted to go to, it's in a very lively part of Dublin. In fact, there's a pub right next door! But I would recommend this place only if you get into old and "quaint". I thought it was very cute, but the rooms are tiny. The room that our son had had a nice sized bathroom and even had a tub, but our shower was so tiny you could hardly turn around in it--it didn't even have a shelf to put your soap!! The sink had a separate cold and hot faucet, which seems to be pretty common in Ireland. So I assume you would normally mix the water in the sink to get "warm". However there was no stopper in the sink, so to wash your hands, you had to make the choice of either boiling hot or ice cold water. And there is no elevator, so we had to lug our suitcases up to the third floor. The desk clerks were very polite and fairly friendly, but they just stood there watching us struggle with the suitcases. So I wouldn't give them huge points for service, but the rooms seemed very clean so the housekeeping staff at least do their part. The rates are pretty reasonable, so if you don't particularly need luxury accommodations--or a lot of space-- this hotel may very well do.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on our first night in Ireland and our last night in Ireland. The location was fantastic, close walking distance to much that we wanted to see. The man working the front desk in the afternoons was so personable and lovely to chat with. He was full of great tips and suggestions.

Parking was available in a parkade nearby, and with a stamp from the celtic lodge we got a discount.

Breakfast was good, we missed it on the last morning as we had to leave too early for the airport.

Rooms were basic, but sufficient. We didn't come to Ireland to spend much time in our hotel room anyway. The last night we were in a room that smelled of fresh paint and looked as if we may have even been the first guests to stay in it since it was renovated, which was nice. The bathroom was teeny for even UK standards, but we managed.

I would definitely stay here again as the location was so great, and the service was lovely.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

First I would like to give 5 stars to Masum, for his superior professionalism and great personality. He was very helpful from day 1 until my very last day there. Since it was my first time in Ireland, he gave so many great suggestions to me. I always felt safe there, as a lady traveling alone. There's a doorbell to get inside but there's someone to answer it(you can see the reception desk).
The location is only minutes walking to the Spire(centralized part of town), train station, shopping, and fantastic pubs.
I wanted a small hotel/lodge with Irish charm and this was it. Yes, you will hear a bit of noise from the street but it was nothing unbearable. Also, the housekeeping team was very efficient and friendly too.
This will be my hidden gem next time I visit again in Dublin. See you soon!

Room tip: Bottom floor if you can not carry luggage up or top floor if you desire less area noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EastCoastAngel
Celtic L, Manager at Celtic Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hi :)
Firstly let me thank you for choosing our Guesthouse for your stay in Dublin!
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your kind words on to Masum and to
the rest of the team.

Looking forward to your next visit

Celtic Lodge

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived early- didn’t expect to check in- found front desk person was miserable -inconvenienced to store luggage- -rooms and bathroom were very small- not worth the price we paid- great location - central to walk to many places- breakfast staff was lovely and “sean” on front desk later was very helpful and informative.

Date of stay: October 2018