All reviews talbot street celt pub full irish breakfast bar next door no elevator tesco express live music every night irish music within walking distance every evening excellent location central location minute walk to temple bar breakfast included o'connell st short stay first floor
Reviewed 27 September 2017

we spent 2 nights at the Celtic on our way to Amsterdan ,its older but charming place
very nice and helpful staff , you can walk to everything from the hotel ,tons of people walking all day around the city center
room was big enough for us any way , washroom is small but clean and manageable if you have trouble climbing stairs then you should ask for first floor , we stayed on the third floor which is a bit of a climb but good to work out the big Irish breakfast available at the restaurant lol
depends who you book the hotel with you may get breakfast included
buy the bus package at the airport ,you can use the airport bus that will drop you off a block and a half away from this hotel and the hop on hop off tourist bus
if your room faces the street it may get a little nisy due to the restaurant pub but we hardly heard anything

Room Tip: we did not have a choice the place was full so we got room 306 top floor facing the back but it was fine for us we are not complainers
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TorontoBarrie
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Location at Talbot Street is convenient, and the breakfast plate that was brought in front of me was ok (albeit basic British). Then again, the room was small and bleak. Window was open, so I entered a really "fresh" room. Same was with my colleague's room. Bathroom's tiny - I'm happy not to be any bigger than my measures are. Nothing to complain with the helpful reception staff.

I would've given three stars but during my stay there was a party going on upstairs on Tuesday night. Dancing on Irish music, clapping and shouting at least till three o'clock. Such noise made by at least ten people, that I can't imagine they've been in a hotel room (which wouldn't have space for several people to dance at the same time). Maybe there is a bar upstairs?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank eskolius
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The hotel is in a great easy to reach location. Not far(5 minutes?) from buses that run from the Dublin airport. Hotel is also right inside the main city, and about a 10 minute walk to the Temple Bar area (great nightlife, lots of restaurants and pubs).

The rooms were clean and even though you are above a street we heard very little noise and we visited in the busy time August.

Reception staff were very friendly and offered much advice in the area.

The "full Irish breakfast" is definitely worth it. Fills you up for hours and really tastes great. We stayed in a lot of places throughout a couple weeks and they are in the top 5 breakfasts for us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The Celtic Lodge is old, but you can't beat it's location and price. Located just walking distance from the Spire and GPO, with the airport express bus bus stop just around the corner, getting around is really convenient. Rooms are definitely old and there's no lifts, on the other hand WiFi is pretty good. Toilets are very small though and I wish there was a suitcase stand to unpack on, but for the price you pay, you save a lot and can probably spend more on the important stuff, Guinness!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank jzzy1984
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Right, so this place doesn't have a marble foyer or a massive swimming pool. What it does have are welcoming staff, cosy rooms with tv and tea. My room was toward the back of the building so there was no noise. My favourite thing is obviously the location, so central yet affordable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo