Castle Hotel
US$333
  • Pool
US$287
  • Restaurant
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$175
  • Room Service
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$132
2,203 results
All reviewso'connell streetmusic shopray coxvault restaurantlive irish musicdownstairs barfull irish breakfasttemple barcharming hotelsingle roomtour busescity centrefamily roomairport buscooked breakfaststreet noisehop on hop
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Myself,boyfriend and another couple booked this hotel over the internet. It looked stunning, there was a carpark in which you pay 10.00 per night but we didn't mind that because it looked really nice and for 84.00 a night (inc breakfast) we thought it was very reasonable. When we arrived at the hotel we were showed the car park in which we were absolutely disgusted by... it was more like an alley way, cars were parked every where in every angle, we had to park in the drive way because there was no where to go, also there was a huge pile of rubbish at the back including dirty stained mattresses which turned me right off. We had to leave our car keys in with reception (every one does) because every car is blocking another car. The rooms were ok. We went out that night and when we came home i was outside the hotel door smoking a fag i was on slightly inside the porch but i was leening out and the fella on reception came out and started giving out to me saying to move that visitors were leaving... i was there for 10mins and nobody came out in that time. Such arragants. The breakfast the following morning was really bad there was only 4 varieties of an full irish on the plate - more beans than anything else. Over all a very bad experience in this hotel would never stay here again. Left my feedback on there facebook page as i couldn't find where to leave it on their website and I wasn't even that hard on them and they blocked me from their page so therefore i want people to know about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Noelle M
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is a difficult review to write as the hotel has good and not so good points. My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in February. We arrived early morning expecting to leave our cases and check in later but reception couldn't have been more helpful. Our room was ready and we were allowed to check in right away. The friendly receptionist gave us lots of information about the hotel and surrounding areas.The hotel is in a great location.
When we arrived at our room we were pleasantly surprised to see a four poster bed. Later in day however we realised that we had no heating in our room but once reception had been told they instantly sent an engineer and the problem was solved. Closer inspection of our room did reveal some magnificent cobwebs and the whole of the four poster was definitely in need of a good polish.The room was by no means filthy carpets were clean as was bedlinen just a little more attention needed. That said when we did go to bed one side of the divan was broken resulting in one of us sleeping in a big hole!
The same can be said about breakfast. when we arrived in the dining room all the waitress staff were chatting and totally ignored us for several minutes. We were unclear what to do so sat feeling a bit stupid. Having said that once we did get served they couldn't have been nicer and breakfast was hot and tasty. We just felt that someone welcoming us and explaining how things worked would have made our experience so much better.
Overall just needs a bit more attention to detail to make this a really good hotel which would mean excellent value!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lancs7
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We had the Castle Hotel as our home base as we traveled over Ireland. We slept in several different types of rooms during our stay. Some were small, but over all comfortable. the desk people were always good to help us with our many questions. we could leave our bags and come back another day to pick them up. the food in the vault was very good. service was excellent. we began to feel like home there. it was also a close walking distance to many things to see.

Room Tip: as high as possible. sometimes the street noise was loud.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathyd928
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I was on a solo trip to Dublin, and this hotel was perfect for what I needed. When I booked a single room, I was expecting a shoebox size room with a teeny bed, so I was surprised at the size of the place. It was nice and roomy, with a double bed just for me! It is in a great location, walking distance to everywhere downtown. Plus, breakfast is included, and delicious. I had an early flight out my last day, so they even set up a continental breakfast extra early for me. I'll absolutely be coming back here next time I travel to Dublin!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nellie W
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We spent three nights here in January and could not have asked for more. The location was great, near to transport and restaurants and was located in a lovely building. Service was friendly and helpful and our room was clean and well presented and a decent size.

Included breakfast was freshly cooked and filling and the restaurant provided one of the best meals on my trip as well as live music. The hotel allowed us to leave luggage after check out and assisted us in organising transport to the airport.
Great value hotel that I would happily stay in again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends